lunedì 25 novembre 2019

Chapter 78 : The Devourer


The ground began to shake, Berserker disappeared but her blood had already stained the seal of the ritual. The earth shattered, immense rifts opened, Saber was shocked to witness the immense magical power that was emerging, from an immense glow sprang an immense cup of at least two meters, made of wood, wrapped in roots, full of blood . The roots penetrated the ground and the face of a snake was depicted on the cup. That was the Holy Grail of Yggdrasil. When Alessandro saw it he remained petrified and Yukiko, instead, approached the object and said:
« I only want one thing, Grail, I want the end of the world. The end of every imitation! »
The roots moved and pierced Yukiko's body which was eaten by the Grail. She died laughing and wishing death to Alessandro and Saber. The boy went to his Servant and said:
« We need to find a way to stop it. We must destroy the Holy Grail. We can still do it. »
« With what weapon? Calpurnia is not such an effective weapon. If I had Crocea Mors it would have been another story, but this sword was only a symbol of power when I was in Rome, it is not meant to destroy the Grail. Not even my legion would be able to do such a thing. »
« Caesar! »
« I know! I know! I have to think about what I can do! »
The blood inside the Holy Grail began to boil, the roots moved and the cup became a darker color, similar to ebony, and then the wood shattered, like a shell and showed a steel cup, black, full of spikes, and depictions of demons. Alessandro, ironically:
« Thank goodness it's holy! »
« Master, be careful! »
Saber took Alessandro and took him away from the Grail of Yggdrasil.

From the blood came out the bones, a giant bone snake rose, broke the roof of the abbey. From the gold casket, well buried, the skin freed itself and attached itself to the skeleton after the formation of the first meats. A huge coal-black snake with blood-red eyes and gigantic jaws made a terrifying sound. That was Nidhoggr, the devourer of the worlds.
Alessandro was paralyzed with fear, he was sweating and trembling like a child. Even Saber couldn't move because of the terrible imagining that presented itself to them. This terrible and gigantic beast approached them and in a heavy and monstrous voice said:
« Mortals, you know my name. My name is death. I'm death. You tremble with fear, but it's not you who has summoned me in this world. Who are you, trembling like a child? »
« Alessandro Serpi. I am the Master of Saber. You must be Nidhoggr. »
« My name is that, yes, but you haven't summon me. The blood of one of those who dared to seal me flows in your veins. You are a druid but I sense your inexperience. You are not an obstacle. You are not a real enemy. Neither you nor the dead girl you keep alive thanks to magical energy. »
« I can't let you destroy the world! I'm here to stop you! »
« Do you want to stop me from doing my duty? If I don't destroy it SHE will do it, whom even the darkness fears. I am necessary, you consider me evil, but I am necessary. I am the one who destroys everything so that a new world can begin again. »
Nidhoggr opened his jaws and spat a flame towards the sky that generated a rain of fire. London fell into chaos and Nidhoggr prepared to destroy everything. Alessandro, in a vain attempt to stop him, snapped his fingers and exclaimed:
« Manus Sancti! »
The glow of light had no effect on the gigantic monstrous snake and Nidhoggr, laughing, said:
« In the divine world no one dares face me. I, like others, belong to a vast kingdom that you humans call the "afterlife". I tormented the souls of the worlds and killed sinners.Your magus tricks can't stop me. I belong to the dragon race and to the dark world, a mortal can never kill me. »
« Then I will fight! » Saber exclaimed and then she tried to hurt Nidhoggr's very hard skin.
« Your sword, which has not been blessed by anyone, can never hurt me, Caesar. Accept your end, be aware of your fragile destiny and agree to die. »
« I cannot! Not here! Not now! »
« The end of the world is inevitable. Quench your spirits and accept the end. Better me than  שְׁאוֹל the one who rules over all the dead. If I had been שְׁאוֹל I would have conquered the world instead of destroying it and I would have given only eternal suffering to mortals. But fate has been kind
to you. »
Nidhoggr opened his mouth and spat out a giant sphere that was blacker than the night and that was surrounded by a form of energy that distorted the space around it. It was something incredibly powerful, something that made the light disappear, bent the matter and made the darkness fall.

The end of the world.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento