venerdì 1 novembre 2019

Chapter 58 : Never weaker (part 3)


Assassin was dead. Rybakov had to accept it and when he finally realized he had been defeated by Harumi and Archer, he self-commiserated in a ritual silence. The girl had noticed that the adversary was strangely calm and so she approached him with the intent to establish if he was still a threat or not. Rybakov told her:
« I do not bite. It no longer makes sense to fight. »
« I won, Rybakov. »
« I know and congratulate you, girl. I underestimated you. »
« So what are you going to do now? »
« Nothing. I had a desire but now it is useless to go on. I no longer have Assassin with me. »
« I don't feel sorry for you, I wish you knew. You tried to kill me several times and that's what you deserve, Rybakov, but I won't kill you and neither will Archer. I'm not like you, I don't kill people. »
« I imagined it, you're a girl too good to kill. »
« I don't want your compliments. » 
« So what do you want from me? Why are you talking to me? » Rybakov asked turning to her.
« Why were you so obsessed with the Holy Grail, so much that you wanted to kill me? »
« Poverty. I'm poor and I wanted to stop being, that's all. You don't care about the rest. But … »
« But? »
Harumi heard the sound of police sirens approaching and then motioned to Archer that it was time to go but before leaving she said to Rybakov:
« Maybe you should leave this place. »
« I don't think I'll do it. »
« What? Why? » She asked in shock.
« Because it makes no sense for me to go on. »
« So you prefer prison? » 
« Spending my life in jail will be my chance to compose some poetry. »
« Are you a poet? »
« Yes. Now you better get away. »
« Goodbye, Rybakov. » Harumi said.
« Goodbye, girl. »
Harumi and Archer went and the police cars soon arrived. The agents pointed their guns and Rybakov bent down to the ground, raising his hands, he was arrested and the next day the newspapers accused him of having implemented a terrorist plan that had reduced Trafalgar Square in that disastrous state and was also considered one of the people responsible of the death of over two hundred Londoners, victims of the last events of the Holy Grail War.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento