venerdì 15 novembre 2019

Chapter 77 : Arthur against Caesar (part 3)


Saber was standing, wounded, but on her feet. Berserker was shocked, her Noble Phantasm should have killed her, and instead she stood before her with a triumphant smile and then Berserker screamed with all her fury:
« How can you still stand? You should be dead! »
« Like you, I also have another Noble Phantasm  … it's my sword. Calpurnia. A lucky sword in the true sense of the word. »
Berserker was speechless, she never expected Saber to be strong enough to survive that devastating attack. Saber, seeing Berserker's worried expression, exclaimed, smiling:
« Ah! Now can you see the difference between us, Arthur? With what right do you look down on me and judge me? You know me? Do you know who I am? I am the one who brought civilization to Gaul, Germany and Britain! I am the descendant of the founder of Rome, Romulus, and of the Goddess of Beauty, Venus! In my veins runs the blood of Aeneas and the God of War, Mars! I am Gaius Julius Caesar! Protector of Rome and the legions! What are you? »
Berserker attacked Saber with a direct blow to his heart but the latter dodged the blow and while the two fought, he kept talking:
« A failed king who did not know how to lead her people, daughter of a dragon and protected by a magician. King of a tiny kingdom, a king who could do nothing but defend, defend and defend. A king who never coveted anything! A king who has never tried to challenge her limits! And you, who lived an empty life you dare to judge me? Do you dare to speak ill of me? »
Saber hit Berserker and then put her on the ground with a kick in the stomach.
« Look into my eyes, Arthur, and tell me what you see. If it bothers you to know that I managed to get power by living a full life, I don't care. I don't want your approval because if I'm honest, you are a third-rate Servant compared to me. Of you, the only thing that can be said is that you have been like Vercingetorix: interesting but at the end of the race, useless. Even that incompetent of Nero has proved to be more important than you! »
Saber laughed but Berserker did not allow herself to be insulted by the adversary and prepared to kill her with a decisive blow, yet Saber dodged the sword, grabbed Berserker's arm with a quick glance at the sword and said:
« You have even destroyed my Crocea Mors, you barbarians are indeed incapable of doing things right. You're only good at dying. »
Saber stuck the blade into Berserker's heart and she slowly receded, dripping blood and fell to the center of Westminster Abbey. Her blood wet the floor with a dull red and Saber remained silent.
With a sad look. She murmured, looking at the corpse of her opponent:
« You and I are similar and you will continue to refuse me until the end of your days. I cannot rejoice in this victory because you are yet another proof that blood relatives are destined to kill each other. Avalon is not your home, Elysians Fields are waiting for you. There's a whole family waiting for you there. »
Artoria's weak voice said:
« Why ... are you crying, Caesar? »
« Because I feel sorry for you, Arthur. Why do you want to be alone? Why don't you want to feel love? Why do you keep tormenting yourself? »
« You're wrong … I loved someone … a boy … I don't know why but my heart beats when I see his face in my dreams … a part of me would like to see him again … but a another is afraid that he will deny me. I am afraid I have disappointed him. What have I become? »
« Impossible. If he really loves you then he will never blame you, he will be on your side to the end. »
« If only it were that simple. Caesar, you have no idea how much … how sorry I am for your destiny. In this war … »
« I don't care. I'll go ahead with my head held high until the end. »
« You are really arrogant. »
« I swear to you that one day, I don't know when and I don't know how, but one day I'll be able to take you to the Elysian Fields. »

Alessandro saw the scene from a distance and heaved a sigh of relief but Yukiko, who was injured, started laughing like crazy. Alessandro, confused, said:
« Why are you laughing? You have lost the magic energy, you have lost the Servant, you can no longer do the ritual …  why are you laughing? »
« You ask me why? Because I won. »
« What are you saying? » Alessandro was confused and frightened at the same time.
« What did the Coven tell you? They told you I needed a descendant of a Druid to do the ritual, right? »
« Yes exactly! Exactly! »
« But pay attention, why do you think there was a need for a descendant? Because the druids that sealed Nidhoggr came into contact with him, with his evil energy and their blood was cursed. But according to you: what is Nidhoggr? »
« According to Norse mythology it was a sort of giant snake or dragon … »
Then Alessandro understood why Yukiko was so happy.
« Exactly. » She said: « The blood of a wicked creature tied in some way to Nidhoggr: a descendant of a druid … or the blood of a dragon is enough for me. » 
Alessandro was traumatized but could not understand the reason for the battle. If Yukiko had Berserker, why hadn't she sacrificed her before? Why did she need to fight him and Saber?
«Why fight us? You already had the means to do the ritual. Why fight us, then? »
« Because I wanted to have fun, Alessandro. I already told you: not everything I do has a superior reason. Sometimes I only act by following my instinct. I would have won anyway. I had nothing to lose. » She answered, smiling.
« So all this was just a game for you ?! »
« What did you expect from an imitation? But now it's enough to talk about me. It's time to welcome Nidhoggr! »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento