mercoledì 6 novembre 2019

Chapter 67 : Two destinies (part 1)


While Alessandro Serpi and Fukano Harumi were busy fighting each other, Saber and Archer were facing each other intently, trying to observe the movements that the other did thinking about how to act. Archer took out the bow and shot the first arrow but Saber swerved it, the girl tried to get close to the enemy to hit him with a blow but Archer was quick enough to be able to parry the blow and then, with a leap , walked away.
« Use the bow as if it were a sword. You're not just an archer, you're also a knight who probably fought with the sword, right? »
« Exactly. You had already guessed my homeland, but you don't know who I am. But I, on the contrary, know who you are, Caesar. So, out of respect for you, I'll give you my name: I'm Thomas de Camoys. Sir Thomas de Camoys. Now we can have a fair duel. »
« Ah! For the Gods, you are just like Rider! I hate those who are obsessed with honor and loyalty, what are we? Children? The important thing is to win, no matter how and no matter what methods: winning is what matters! » 
« You speak with hatred of honor. With what right do you dare to insult cavalry? »
« You, Rider and Berserker, inside that church, are losers by definition. You are failures who don't know how to win, that's why you hold on to honor: because it keeps you safe. You are loyal and honest because you don't know how to think, you are barbarians who use the club and not the head. I, on the contrary, are both a general, a warrior, a strategist and an intellectual. I'm not afraid of being dishonest. »
« Funny, told by a person who has lost everything due to a conspiracy. Your kingdom lasted very little and you are only remembered for how you died: betrayed by your own allies. Your life was just a race to reach the impossible. »
« So? Archer, my dear Archer, do you really think this matters? I was able, even in death, to leave a mark. I managed to achieve immortality, I did it so well that the other Heroic Spirits look like fakes to me! » 
« Your arrogance disgusts me, Caesar. »
« You can love me or you can hate me, but you can't ignore me. »
« Ah, ah! You really have the head of a dictator, Caesar! But surely I won't miss you when I kill you, honey. »
Archer shot two more arrows, Saber parried them and ran at full speed against the opponent, then Archer decided it was time to finish the battle quickly. He walked away from the girl and prepared to use the Noble Phantasm, to which Saber could do nothing but smile and exclaimed:
« Do you really want to play this game with me? All right! But if you want to use your Noble Phantasm then you'll have to do it where I say! »
Saber stuck her sword in the ground, it lit up and brought Archer to Gaul. The man grimaced and said:
« I am happy to be able to face the legions of Caesar. » 
« Offer me a worthy challenge, Archer! Your death will most glorify my name! »
Saber then exclaimed holding her sword:
« Legion, my beloved legion! You have accompanied me in different battlefields, you have given me the power to realize my dreams and now I will guide you to new glories! Always bigger! Come to me Legio Gallica! (The Legion that Conquered Gaul) »
The Roman soldiers came behind Saber, the legionaries were lined up, they were hundreds of thousands and they were all ready to fight against the enemy. The girl gave the order to attack and at that moment Archer exclaimed:
« We are not afraid of dying! Today is the day to show the strength of the English army to these Romans! Left Wing of Agincourt! (Great Battle of Azincourt) »
Phantom archers appeared and started shooting their arrows at Saber's immense legion. 
Some soldiers died because of the arrows but then the legionaries decided to use the tortoise formation to prevent them from dying because of Archer's Noble Phantasm. A real battlefield had been created, a war zone where Romans and English faced each other to determine which army was the best.
At one point Saber and Archer came face to face, they fought and the girl was getting the better: after several blows, finally, she succeeded in hurting the enemy but Archer answered using the Honor of Trotton skill thanks to which he shot an explosive arrow that hit Saber in full.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento