mercoledì 6 novembre 2019

Chapter 69 : Two destinies (part 3)


Archer had his Master in his arms, Fukano Harumi, with a hole in her stomach caused by Clovis Wolff's lethal magic bullet. Archer was in tears and shook the girl, stroked her and apologized several times but she consoled him:
« Sshhh, don't cry for me, Archer … there is nothing to be sad about. »
« Oh, my princess, my fearless princess, how can I not cry? You, who deserved more than all the Masters to win, are abandoning this war prematurely. »
« Archer … Thomas … now there's nothing left to do. This is the destiny I chose. My only satisfaction is that my uncle will never touch me again, but my only regret is that I will never be with you again, my prince. »
« Princess! Don't abandon this world! Don't abandon it, I beg you! Stay with me, smile with me, fight with me! We have so much to do! »
« Thomas … all this time I was lost but you saved me, you brought a light where there was only darkness and for this I love you. Both in life and in death, I will be faithful to you, both in health and in illness, I will be by your side, Thomas. »
« Princess, my princess, I don't want to forget you. »
« Neither do I, Thomas, and I won't. »
She stroked his face with her bloody hand, Archer grabbed her arm and then her head and kissed her. She closed her eyes and returned that kiss.
« Fall asleep, my beautiful princess, with this kiss I give you a peaceful sleep. We will meet again in Heaven. »
Harumi let herselef go, her face turned pale and her heart stopped beating. The last breath was accompanied by the last smile and the last tear that fell on the ground that caused a dark silence to fall. Archer rested the body of his Master, stood up and turned to Saber:
« I enjoyed myself, Saber. It was a good fight until it lasted. »
« I cry with you, Archer, that your Master can find peace in a better world. » 
Alessandro remained silent. Archer disappeared and Saber immediately noticed that her Master had not said a word, had not even shed a tear. That girl who had managed to touch his heart had to mean a lot to him and yet Alessandro didn't cry. That girl who was very similar to Alessandro was dead and yet he didn't cry. 
He approached her helpless body without paying attention to Clovis, for him that magus was not a threat. He bowed and prayed:
« God that you all know, the death of my sister Harumi leaves me depressed and uncertain and it seems to me an injustice: it gives hope to me that I turn to you, help me to rediscover the depth of your love, which makes me pass from death to life. I beg you. Accept this pious soul into your eternal dwelling as your daughter, to the love she has never received, to the security she never had, to the hope that never enlightened her short existence, since your glory is great and yours benevolence is infinite. Amen. »
Alessandro kissed his fingers and then touched Harumi's forehead. He stood up and turned to Clovis who was ready to face him but Alessandro didn't have a pugnacious look, his eyes weren't fiery but they weren't even cold, when Saber saw them she noticed that they were struck by murderous lucidity, those were the eyes of a man who only wanted blood.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento