mercoledì 27 maggio 2020

Chapter 124 : Secrets (part 2)


Saber and Specter were still at home alone, their two Masters had gone out at least an hour ago and Saber was already worrying about Alessandro; she was leaning on the edge of the bathtub when Specter suddenly entered into a towel, undressed and stood on the opposite side of the bathtub. She had noticed Saber's pensive look and had sensed that she was worrying about her Master then, to distract her, she said:
« I hope you don't mind my company. »
« Don't worry, I don't mind seeing another naked woman, I saw many when I
was alive. »
« I had noticed, the last time you even got touched ... I could treat you like a succubus. »
« It seems an insult. What is a succubus? »
« A whore. »
Saber left the bathtub, irritated, and left the bathroom after putting on her bathrobe; When she reached the bedroom she dried her hair with a towel and closed the door of the room but Specter, who had followed her, said with an amused grin:
« I didn't think you were so sensitive, Caesar. »
« Your smile is bothering me, demon ... »
« What's your problem? I thought we were friends. » Specter asserted approaching Saber and touching her breast. « If you don't want to be my friend you can be my pastime, after all you have a divine body and I would like ... »
« First of all, get dressed, and second ... » Saber pushed Specter to the ground. « Don't treat me like I'm your toy, I have my dignity. I can't believe that I have to be your friend and not my Master's friend ... this is ridiculous. »
Specter, getting up, said to her:
« If you don't like being my friend, it's your business but know that you and I are forced to collaborate because our Masters are allie- wait. I get it! You have a problem with the fact that your Master spends a lot of time with my Master and treats him like a friend. »
« Doesn't it bother you? »
« Not so much. But why are you interested? Do you have feelings for your Master? »
« I don't even know him and that's my problem. You can't fall in love with a person if you don't know him before, and I know so little about my Master that I don't even know whether to call him "friend" ... especially after the battle against Rider ... I'm afraid he will never see me as an ally. »
« You're worrying about bullshit. The friendship of a mortal is a small matter, we demons have never worried about friendship, for us only the contracts we make with humans count. »
« That's why I never asked for your opinion ... »
« However, as I said before, you should worry about other things ... more important things. »
« What are you talking about? » Saber asked, perplexed.
« Your sword ... is it Excalibur? »
Saber turned around showing a surprised look.
« How do you know? »
« I saw Excalibur yesterday. That chasm in the park was opened by the Holy Sword of the King of Knights, I recognized it. »
« Lucius Artorius Castus ... King Arthur ... so she's here too, huh? How interesting. »
Saber didn't seem happy to hear that news but she wasn't sad either, however from her gaze it was clear that she intended to meet her on the battlefield.
« Ah! This will be wondrous! The King of Knights against the King of Dictators, the hero against the monster. In the end I was right: worrying so much about a human being is a waste of time. »
Specter left the bedroom when the door was closed, Saber let herself be led by the temptation to find out more about Alessandro Serpi: she began to search in the furniture in the room, opening drawers and also sifting through the individual books. A photograph fell from a book, Saber picked it up and saw Alessandro as a child together with his two parents, turning the photograph she read the words: "Where are you?".
« So these are the things you're hiding from me, Master? »
Saber was not satisfied with so little and decided to peek into the suitcases: she mainly found books on magic, history and philosophy and then, under these, she discovered a brown leather bag inside which there was a parchment rolled up and blocked with a string whose knot was tight. Saber untied the rope, opened the parchment and saw that on it there was a black and white coat of arms on which a snake with wings was represented; at the top left and bottom right there were two Teutonic crosses; at the top right and bottom left there were two writings: "Parcere subiectis" and "Debellare superbos".
« "Forgive those who submit"... "Defeat the proud" ... what's this? A sort of motto or something like that? »
She rolled up the scroll and placed it in the suitcase then continued with her search and found a written letter sent by a certain Luisa Benedetti. She didn't open the letter but immediately noticed that the envelope was wrinkled and there were also small tears, probably Alessandro had been about to tear it.
« NO! » She exclaimed, throwing the letter to the ground.
She knew that what she was doing was wrong, she didn't have the right to snoop in her Master's things, it was a kid thing. She put everything in order and waited for Alessandro's arrival.


Specter and Saber by Bikowolf


Serpi's family crest

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento