venerdì 15 maggio 2020

Chapter 120 : Chasing power


Rider's Noble Phantasm was something fearsome, both Saber and Alessandro Serpi were completely blown away by the effects of this. One hundred people were under Rider's control and advanced towards Saber who hesitated to hit them.
« An Anti-People Noble Phantasm. » Said Alessandro.
« I would have expected a steed. »
« At first glance I would venture to say that the "steed" is in front of us. The people are her warhorse. They are like puppets under her command. »
« All very interesting, yes, but I have to find a way to win against her. I guess you don't want to involve civilians ... »
« Don't screw up. I don't want civilian casualties, you have to kill only Rider. » Alessandro noticed that Kazuki was going away: « That one is running away. I'll follow him, you take care of Rider. »
« Okay, Master. Count on me! »
Saber dodged Rider's slaves with agility and launched a blow to the opponent but a civilian got in the way and she had to stop at the last moment. Rider took the opportunity to attack Saber from behind with a kick that unbalanced her. The slaves grabbed Saber, stopped her. Rider boldly said to her:
« Are you really a Saber? Apparently it will be very easy for me to win this Holy Grail War ... and finally I will be able to rebuild the Tokugawa shogunate. »
« So ... is that why you're fighting? »
« Exactly. I've spent all my life chasing power I can't accept a world that exists without me. Without my influence. »
« Ah, ah! I thought I was the egocentric one between the two ... but you're really interesting, I admit it. »
« What are you talking about? »
« "Chasing Power"? What is that? A horse race? You don't "chase power" ... you create it, you take it just like victory! »
Saber kicked Rider and freed herself. But at that moment the chains of three people lit up red, the men exploded. Saber managed to escape just in time but was traumatized by that macabre scenario.
« These are my puppets, Saber. You can't stop them in any way. Just give up. »
« Your people commit suicide for you. Truculent ... I like your spirit, but ... I'm not going to play with you, Rider! »
Saber was ready to use her Noble Phantasm but Rider threw another man who blew himself up. Rider thought she was safe but at that moment Saber appeared from the flames with a smile full of pride, Rider had the impression of seeing Nobunaga for a moment. She dodged the blow just in time and then recovered ground.
« That's not a good thing, Rider. »
« What are you talking about? »
Saber pointed to Rider's hand that was shaking.
« Now I understand why you used the term "chasing", you never took power, you just got it. Let me guess ... you were jealous of who had the power before you? »
« How do you know? You don't know anything about me! »
« I don't know where you come from ... but politics never changes. I have seen a lot of people like you. All the same ... all jealous. I've seen a lot of people like you. You're not worthy of being my opponent. Let's end these games, would you like to? »
« If I'm not mistaken, your Master told you not to hurt civilians. »
« My Master should have been informed about my campaigns in Gaul. »
Saber raised her sword and exclaimed:
« Legio Gallica! (My Eighth Legion That Served in Gaul) »
Suddenly Rider found herself in the vast lands of Gaul and ten thousand Roman legionaries on foot appeared behind Saber. The girl lowered her sword and the legion set off on the attack.
Saber's legion killed all of Rider's slaves and also Rider was eventually hit by the legionaries.
The territories of Gaul disappeared. The Noble Phantasm had run out. Rider was seriously injured and could no longer count on the magical energy of her Master, now it was obvious that she would die ... nothing could have saved her.
« You have wounds that are too serious to heal. You will die. » Saber said, sheathing her sword.
« This is my destiny ... I couldn't stop you ... Saber ... »
« I won't cry for you, Rider. Just know this. »
« I was right ... » Rider was crying: « You're just like Nobunaga ... »

Saber found herself alone. Rider had just disappeared and Alessandro Serpi, who had a stressed face, came out of nowhere.
« The Master? Did you get him? »
« He ran away. And you ... what about Rider? »
« Well, I ... »
Alessandro looked around and saw an unparalleled macabre spectacle: bodies piled like garbage bags, the blood red that dyed the grass and that swarm of dull faces with open mouths and eyes wide open to nothing. The boy, traumatized by that scenario, stammered:
« What did you do? Did you kill them? »
« Are you surprised? »
« Are you joking?! SABER! You killed those people! They were innocent! They were civilians! They had nothing to do with this fucking war! » Alessandro shouted.
« Do you think I care? »
« Don't you realize what you've done? Don't you realize what you've just done? »
« Master ... this is WAR. There are no rules, there's no mercy for anyone. They were unlucky, I didn't hate them ... I was forced. Rider forced me. This is the truth. This was the only possible solution. »
« That's enough! Enough … shut up. You're only justifying yourself, but you've committed an atrocity. I don't care if this is "war", those people had nothing to do with it! You're wrong! And now, to make matters worse, you have complicated things for us. There's the Mage's Association, this genocide will not be ignored! There will be investigations and ... »
« No. None of this will happen. »
« What are you saying? »
« This will be our secret. I bet a magus like you knows some magic that can hide these bodies. We're going hide all the evidence and pretend it never happened. »
« Why should I do such a thing? »
« Because you want a happy life, and having problems with the law could damage this desire. You and I are in this war together, you're my comrade in arms, my ally, you have to stay by my side until the end or your wish will be ruined. »
Saber's words were full of cynicism, her reasons were wrong but the way she said those things, the tone of her voice, were able to make Alessandro's accusing gaze a docile submissive look. He had to accept Saber's plan. But with grudge he said:
« I thought you were a Heroic Spirit ... but now I realize that you're more like a
monster. »
Saber, with a smirk on her face, replied:
« There are no heroes in Rome, only winners and conquerors. »

Saber by Bikowolf

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento