lunedì 25 maggio 2020

Chapter 123 : Secrets (part 1)

February 1, 2021 - Day 6

It was about ten in the morning when Friedrich decided to meet Alessandro in his apartment. The television networks were only talking about the huge hole in Holland Park which had been linked, by some, to the disappearance of a hundred Londoners. Friedrich, hearing that news, obviously asked questions to Alessandro :
« What happened at Hyde Park? »
« It's not ... » Alessandro checked behind Friedrich, luckily Saber was in the room with Specter. He kept the volume low: « It's not a simple matter. I did a bad thing, a horrible thing. »
« What happened? » Friedrich was worried.
« Rider's Noble Phantasm was Anti-People and Saber ... she used her Noble Phantasm and killed those people. I hid the corpses using Magecraft. They are below at least thirty or forty meters of earth. Nobody will know anything. But I'm afraid. »
« This isn't a good thing but technically it's not your fault ... you have nothing to do with it and she certainly is not human and cannot receive a trial. What happened was a misfortune, but it happened. This is the problem with this war, innocent people die, it's unfair, but it's true. The best we can do is prevent others from dying. »
« But what am I supposed to do? I feel responsible for what has happened. »
« Ignore it. There's nothing you can do about it. All of this is likely to be erased and repeated. »
« What are you talking about? »
« I spoke to Yukiko. She told me everything. » Friedrich explained what Yukiko had told him and finally concluded: « So here we are: we have a divine snake out of control and a madwoman who wants to destroy everything. We are in a sea of ​​shit. »
« Fuck. »
« Plus there's Sheol. »
« Holy fuck. And then? What else is there? The Virgin Mary with the fucking club? »
« The remaining Servants. You eliminated Rider, right? So Assassin, Lancer, Archer and Berserker are remaining. »
« Do you have any idea? How should we proceed now? With all these problems it seems to me almost impossible to study an optimal strategy. »
« Yes, I have one. We can go to the Clock Tower and meet my friend Dorian. He could give us access to the library, I would like to do two researches about Nidhoggr and Sheol. I have doubts. I have to have clear ideas to know how to act. »
« Then I'll go with you. »

Alessandro warned Saber that he would go out with Friedrich to research the library. The two Servants stayed in the house. Specter was lying on the bed leafing through magazines while Saber was close to her reading Napoleon's biography.
« So ... » Specter interjected with a grin: « Let's talk about Nero and your grudge for her, ok? »
« Do you want to hurt yourself, demon? » Saber snorted, nervous.
« I'm just curious. »
« Why? There is nothing to know. It's a personal thing, it's not about you. »
« Do you prefer me to pester you every day or do you tell me now?
» Specter was stroking Saber's feet with her hand.
« I don't hate Nero. It's just that
... »
Specter got up and sat down next to Saber.
« But how do you know Nero? You were already dead when she came to power, right? »
« Before dying Aeneas appeared to me in a dream and showed me all the emperors of Rome and the fate of the Roman empire. He showed me the monarchs of the future and showed me the consequence of my actions. That's why I know about Nero. And ... »
« What didn't you like? »
« Her lack of love for what I had created, her lack of respect for what I respected and her lack of foresight. She was never worthy of being emperor of Rome. »
« Explain yourself better. » Specter had placed her head on Saber's shoulder.
« She never loved the army and war, for her the legionary soldiers were like animals that had to serve the crown. She only valued luxury, banquets and vainglory. She divided the Empire ... She treated the provinces very badly and she was fixed with idiocies such as poetry, music and entertainment when an entire country depended on her. She was in charge, she was supposed to lead the people. But do you know what she did? She transformed the throne into her stage, she became a clown with a sword. She was identical to Clodius. »
« Clodius? »
« In my day there was a man named Publius Clodius Pulcher, he was a friend of mine, young and arrogant who more than once dared to challenge me. Once he entered in my manor, he disguised himself as a woman and pretended to be me, just to spy on my wife Pompeia. He was a pig. I repudiated my wife but never accused her of cheating on me, I knew she hadn't done it but I didn't want to have the doubt of having to deal with a lover of that pervert. »
« Was he really that bad? » She asked, smiling.
« He had sex with his sister Clodia, he was corrupt, smuggled goods and loved to violate the law and have fun with married women. Cicero, my dear old friend, called him faex or scum. But I was so idiotic that I trusted him enough to make him a tribune of the plebs. He said he was on my side, he said he was a friend of the people, he proposed four laws, the Leges Clodiae which were to favor the people but in reality they had the sole purpose of disadvantaging his enemies like Cicero and me. He wanted to be the center of attention at all costs and for this reason I distanced myself from him. »
« And was Nero like him? »
« Yes. Identical to him. Many promises but in the end only dust and shame. »

Specter and Saber by Bikowolf

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento