mercoledì 18 novembre 2020

Rewriting Fate : Fuyuki Holy Grail War

How the fuck did this happen?! 😭
 
I mention Fuyuki's Holy Grail War in Fate/Yggdrasil and so that means it happened, right? Yes, practically yes. But here comes the tricky part. It's not exactly the same. You have to understand that copying and pasting Kinoko Nasu's story to Fate/Yggdrasil would've made things quite annoying for me as I didn't want a Nasuverse faithful product (No, this is YKIRVERSE! Ok, now you can laugh ...).
So how can we contextualize these wars and how should we deal with them? Well, I don't talk about them much in Fate/Yggdrasil precisely because my purpose was not to treat them in the same way as Kinoko Nasu. I only acknowledge that the five wars of the Holy Grail occurred for a simple enough reason: simplicity.
Treating a Holy Grail War like something new never seen before would've made it more complex. I wanted the conflict to be known already and the easiest way was to talk about those five conflicts created by Nasu. But ... but, and pay close attention, the wars I speak of are not exactly the same. I'm just saying they happened but I'm not talking about the events specifically just because a lot of things have changed in Fate/Yggdrasil. I didn't want to waste page after page describing how the Holy Grail War worked.
So what the fuck happened to Fuyuki?
I, of the wars of Kinoko Nasu, say only that they happened. But I imply, through F/Y's lore, that they didn't play out exactly the same way.