lunedì 9 novembre 2020

Chapter 163 : Farewell, Caesar

 
The Holy Grail War of Yggdrasil had come to an end, after all those deaths, it was finally over. Sheol had disappeared and with her the souls walking around London; the flames were extinguished, the sun was able to embrace a serene blue sky that dispelled the darkness of the night giving back to London the hope that Sheol and Yukiko had wrested with evil.
Alessandro snapped his fingers and said:
« Sana. »
Some of his wounds healed and Saber ironically commented:
« I finally see that Magecraft, I was starting to think you were bluffing. »
« I didn't mean to deprive you of the supplies of magical energy. »
« All excuses! » she exclaimed, laughing.
Alessandro realized that Saber was disappearing, even she hadn't noticed it and threw an astonished look, it was as if she didn't want to leave but Alessandro was calm, he approached her, took her hands and said:
« It's okay, sooner or later it had to happen. The war is over, there is no Grail and you're the only Servant left ... that's right. But I wanted to thank you for everything you did for me, if it wasn't for you I would never have been able to become a better person. »
« Now you're really exaggerating! » she exclaimed, blushing. « I don't think I deserve all these compliments! I just did my duty ... »
« Then you did it well and I'm grateful to you. »
« Alessandro… I'm also grateful to you but I'm sorry for not having spent enough time with you. I would've liked to have been by your side much more, you're one of a kind… you're a rarity, remember that.
»
« Oh! » Even Alessandro blushed, he would never have expected such a compliment.
« Ah, ah! I've done it! I managed to make you blush! You finally show your tender side! I won, I won ... no ... you won. You won, Alessandro. You're finally not ashamed of your emotions anymore. Be yourself, even when I'm gone, continue to be yourself. »
« Yes, I promise you. »
« No. Don't promise me, promise yourself. It's you, it's your well-being that counts. I'm disappearing, I will return to death ... but you have a whole life ahead of you. Be free. Be yourself. »
Saber kissed Alessandro on the cheek and then hugged him. Alessandro returned the hug.
« One day you will blossom, one day you will fall in love, one day you will learn the true meaning of happiness and you will discover that it's not based on security but on uncertainty. The possibility of pain, the knowledge of death, these are the things that make happiness important and powerful. »
She hugged Alessandro as if she didn't want to let him go.
« One more thing: promise me you won't forget me, Alessandro. »
« I'll never forget you. You're the jewel of my life, if it wasn't for you I would've been crushed by pain, I owe you everything. »
« I like you, Alessandro. I could never accept another Master other than you so I will reveal a secret that maybe one day will come in handy ... who knows. » Saber whispered something in Alessandro's ear and then said: « Make good use of it, please. »
« I will, yes. »
Saber's body was about to disappear completely, the girl separated from the boy and tried to hide her sadness, failing; Alessandro, then, consoled her:
« One day we will meet again... »
« One day … »
« Yes, one day you and I will be together. »
« Perhaps, that day is not that far off. I can wait. Farewell, Alessandro Serpi. »
« Farewell, Gaius Julius Caesar.
»
Saber disappeared.
Only silence remained.
Alessandro fell to his knees, put his hands over his eyes to try to hold back the tears, but his body was trembling, his forehead was sweating, he just wanted to let it all out and so he let himself be carried away by that sea of ​​sadness, he cried like a child and Friedrich approached him to give comfort.
« Everything will be fine, Alessandro. »
 
Farewell, Caesar by Bikowolf

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento