lunedì 1 giugno 2020

Chapter 125 : For the good of the family


Hisae Sunahara didn't care about Yukiko Kumahira's words, for her they were only nonsense that came from the mouth of a madwoman, but despite this she was worried about the progress of the war. Hisae wasn't stupid, she knew she was dealing with very powerful Masters and Servants and therefore she knew that winning would be very difficult.
« My life sucks. » She murmured, looking in the mirror.
She was in the bedroom and was fixing her hair and couldn't resist making that comment about herself. When she saw that girl she saw only one older sister who was unable to protect her little brother and to oppose a power-obsessed despotic father; she saw a girl who had done her utmost to save her brother from her father's harassment and who, despite her best efforts, was failing miserably; she saw a defeated girl, sad and pathetic.
« All of this is unfair, Archer. »
The Servant appeared behind her, he asked:
« Are you referring to the war? »
« Yes ... but not only. I'm also referring to my life, I'm disappointed as an older sister. »
« Why do you say this? You're fighting this war for him, aren't you? »
« Every time I've done something for Hiro I've failed. It seems to be my destiny ... and his. And when I heard that little girl ... talk about Hiro ... when I heard her say those things ... I couldn't hold back the anger. »
« I noticed it. »
« Yes, you noticed a weak girl who tried desperately to defend the honor of her younger brother. »
« No, I've seen a brave girl fight for the person she loves. There's nothing wrong with that. »
« If you are a broken shield, you are of no use. »
« Why do you say this? »
Hisae got up and, turning to Archer, showed him a scar on the belly, near the navel, and said to him:
« I did this when I tried to defend my brother from bullies. One of them had scissors, in those days I was still not good at using Magecraft and so I had to rely on martial arts, but it didn't work anyway, as you can see ... »
« I'm sorry ... » Archer commented, lowering his head.
« They took me to the emergency room and those assholes were reported but at that moment I understood one important thing: I'm not good at defending people because every time I do it I hurt myself. And that's why I know this war won't be easy for me. »
Hisae hid the scar and left the room without adding anything else. Archer didn't know how to console his Master but he understood her feelings and wanted to help her win the war; he was determined to fight with body and soul for Hisae, for Archer it was a matter of cavalry.
Archer was on the verge of concealing his physical form when, without warning, he heard a female voice mention her name.
« Master did you call me? »
Hisae didn't reply. Archer heard that voice again in his head, it was like an echo but he didn't know how to explain it.
« Who's there? »
Everything was silent. The voice had ceased to name him. Hisae returned to her room and asked Archer:
« Is everything alright? »
« Ah! Yes, yes! Everything is fine! Don't worry, Master ... I'm fine ... really ... »

Hisae Sunahara by Bikowolf

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento