lunedì 22 giugno 2020

Chapter 132 : The saint and the murderer


Piccadilly Circus. Sergei Rybakov had stopped to admire the splendid luminous signs, enchanted like a cat, he watched the digital writing flow and meanwhile he was thinking about the war. His thoughts were obscure, they only involved destruction and death in the Holy Grail War, he had made yet another nightmare the night before: he was in prison, after being defeated by a girl, and from the small window he saw the stars die, one by one, devoured by black and then death came.
That day Sergei went to St James' Church Paddington where he prayed. Despite being an Orthodox Christian, Sergei, needed to turn to God, even if he was in a Protestant church, he needed to feel safe because nothing was certain in that war.
Leaving the church he met Tetsuya Murakawa who was clearly waiting for him. Sergei immediately sensed that he was a Master but ignored him.
« I don't want to kill you, I just want to have a chat with you. »
« We're enemies, it makes no sense to speak to me. »
« I was very careful to stalk you when I could have murdered you without problems, generally I don't reserve this special treatment to my enemies. »
« Why did you follow me here? Do you like the idea of ​​speaking in front of the house of the Lord? »
« I was just curious. » He lit a cigarette: « I didn't think you were religious. »
« You don't believe in God? »
« I only believe in myself, but I'm not here to tell you the story of my life. I want to know one thing: you're the Master of Assassin, right? »
« Yes, so what? »
« I had the "privilege" to witness the clash between your Servant and Archer, a really interesting battle. »
« Get to the point. » Rybakov exclaimed hurriedly.
« The bad luck of having a Lancer-class Servant is that I can't afford to get rid of the Masters stealthily. Only an Assassin-class Servant can do such a thing. Therefore … »
« You want my help. Why? »
« There are annoying Masters in this war, especially that of Specter. I don't like him and I want to get rid of him but I need you. »
« I had already tried but his Servant is very good and she saved him. »
« Maybe I can help you this time. »
« How can I trust you? »
« Useless question.
» He threw the cigarette butt at Rybakov's feet: « We're at war, sooner or later we will kill each other. I'm not asking you to become my best friend, I just want to work with you to eliminate some Masters. Then I'll kill you. »
« I appreciate your sincerity … »
« So? »
« Гусь свинье́ не това́рищ. (Gus' svin'ye ne tovarisch)
» He said with a disgusted expression.
Sergei turned his back on Tetsuya and left. Tetsuya didn't tolerate being treated that way and so he followed the man, grabbed his shoulder and turned him over; Rybakov punched him and Tetsuya parried him and kicked back; Rybakov took his leg and threw him in the middle of the street but Tetsuya landed on his feet.
« You made a mistake, Russian. »
« The mistake I made was to have listened to you. »
Tetsuya raised his middle finger in response and left. Sergei Rybakov didn't delude himself that he had finished the matter, he knew that sooner or later he would meet Tetsuya again.

Murakawa Tetsuya and Sergei Rybakov by Bikowolf

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento