martedì 9 giugno 2020

Chapter 128 : Believe in dreams


Night had just fallen. Specter was in the living room on the sofa in Alessandro's apartment. Saber came and sat down next to her.
« How's your Master? »
« He has recovered but needs to sleep. I put him to bed. You've been kind to offer us this refuge, I'm afraid that Assassin knows where we live. »
« Don't worry besides my Master won't mind sleeping on the sofa. »
« Where is he? »
« He's washing himself.
» She pointed to the bathroom door with her thumb.
« You know ... after everything you've told me today, I feel compelled to reveal my secret to you. »
« What is it? » Saber asked, intrigued.
« I'm a dog. Nothing more. So I was trained in my world. I'm a dog, the mount of Nebiros, the one who forges hatred among humans. Dogs don't talk, dogs don't think, dogs don't rebel. The dogs are silent. »
« Why are you telling me this? »
« Because I never expected to feel affection for a human being to such an extent that I was angry when he was injured. My Master probably doesn't even see me as his true ally, yet here I am, I worry about him. I'm a bad dog. »
« Can I ask you a question? What's your desire? »
« I want to become a king. If I could make this wish come true I would no longer be Nebiros' dog, I could finally be free. »
« It seems a good wish to me. Maybe you deserve to make it happen. »
« Ah, ah! Good joke! » Specter exclaimed, getting up from the sofa: « A demon deserves nothing, especially if it's like me, a dog that licks the ass of a more powerful demon. »
« You're not a dog. » Saber said.
« What are you talking about? »
« You're not a dog. You've shown that you have a great interest in your Master and for me, you've shown that you're intelligent, full of love and that you can think for yourself. You decided it was right to save your Master, nobody imposed it on you. You're not a dog. »
Specter was about to be persuaded by Saber's words but then, she countered:
« I'm the slave of Nebiros, don't you understand? I've no hope! I'll only be this forever! »
« You are wrong ... »
«Stop being a prig with me, I know what I'm talking about. With what right do you dare tell me otherwise? What makes you believe I'm destined for something else? »
« I'm Roman!
» Saber exclaimed: «  Rome is the heart of the world, Roma caput mundi. Rome is the capital of the world. We Romans have taught that anyone can be Roman, anyone can aspire to our greatness and anyone can be happy like us! Even a slave can free himself and one day have his own family, perhaps even a wealthy one! And what tells you that it's impossible? Is it your instinct? Forget it! Listen to me! Listen to Caesar's voice! I first had to sweat to be able to match and overcome Alexander the Great. I equaled and surpassed him, Napoleon equaled and surpassed me and perhaps someone will equal and surpass him. Nobody is born to stay behind. We can all grow up, this is what Rome teaches! »
« You're wrong, Caesar! You're wrong about everything! »
« If Rome falls, the world falls. Do you know why this is so? Do you know how the Eternal City was born? Do you know how Rome was born? Do you know how it became one of the strongest empires in the world? Romulus and Remus were raised by a prostitute, the prostitute is the mother of Rome because no inhabitant of Rome is a favorite son or a chosen one. All the inhabitants of Rome were criminals, fugitives, slaves, exiles, poor, sick and these were brought together by Romulus to found a city that would welcome them all. Rome has become great because it believed in itself and in its greatness. »

« What if it's all in vain? »
« Rome was not built in a day, you have to work hard to get what you want. Sometimes you will reap what you have sown, sometimes you will not, but the important thing is to sow, not to reap. Make your wish come true and then you will be free. »
Specter fell into tears and Saber embraced her, stroked her head and consoled her.
Alessandro watched the scene, well hidden, and smiled to see that Saber had managed to make friends with Specter.

Saber and Specter by Bikowolf

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento