lunedì 15 giugno 2020

Chapter 130 : Whispers in the dark


Archer was sifting London completely alone. It was a cold night that starry night, and the Servant wanted to better understand the territory in which he was fighting. Being in England, his native land, he was ahead of the other Servants but he had never seen such a huge city, in his day it was much smaller. He had to orient himself, he had to understand the territory, he knew that the only way to have an assured victory was to know every detail of the city.
Suddenly he was intercepted by knives made of black smoke that scratched his armor. Archer landed on a roof and saw Assassin in another building a little farther on.
« What are you doing here, Archer? Your Master should've put you on a leash, knight. »
« If she had, I would've missed your sermon, monk. »
« I see you like to joke. »
Assassin disappeared and reappeared behind Archer, tried to stab him in the back; Archer avoided the blow, summoned his bow and fired several arrows which however failed to hurt his enemy. Assassin threw a series of knives, Archer used the bow to deflect the blows, got on his knees and fired another arrow aimed at the opponent's head ... nothing. Assassin hadn't been damaged.
« Son of a dog.
» Archer said: « You're really interesting, Assassin, but I will not be defeated by you. »
« Don't bet with the Devil. »
Assassin threw more knives, Archer dodged them and then walked away.
« Running away from me won't make you win, Archer. »
« It could be a start! »
« You're wrong, knight. »
Archer landed on the streets, dodged a car by a hair and suddenly found himself with Assassin behind him:
« You can't escape me, Archer. You can't escape from a ghost. »
« So you're a ghost? Cool. »
Archer turned and hit Assassin with a punch in the face. Assassin fell to the ground but got up immediately while Archer was slightly surprised:
« I wanted to trip you, my leg went through you ... but my fist ... » Then Archer understood Assassin's ability: « Son of a dog, you're a really clever scoundrel, but now I know your trick, bastard. »
« It's nothing. You just got lucky. »
Archer immediately tried to hit Assassin but the latter escaped over a wall. Archer began the chase but was stopped by a female voice that seemed familiar to him.
« ARCHER! ARCHER, HELP ME! »
It looked like a ghostly echo. It wasn't the voice of his Master, it was from another person. The screams seemed to come from the dark of an alley.
« Archer ... it hurts ... please help me! »
« Who are you? »
Archer, agitated, made his way into the darkness and eventually found himself in front of that transparent, blue skeleton, wrapped in a curtain of white smoke. The skeleton was sitting with its arms around its knees and its head lowered.
« What's this? Who are you? What's happening? » Archer was terrified, he was paralyzed in front of that skeleton that slowly raised its skull.
« Help me ... Archer ... it hurts ... » The ghostly voice came from there, but the skeleton didn't move its jaw when it spoke.
« Who are you? Is it an illusion of Assassin? »
« I'm your princess, remember? Do you remember me, Archer? »
« My princess? »
« Have you forgotten me, Archer? Did you forget me too? » Tears were pouring out of her empty sockets and turned to dust as soon as they hit the ground.
« I'm sorry ... I don't know who you are ... I'm sorry. »
« Then you'll die, so you'll remember me, Archer. Eram quod es, eris quod sum. »
The skeleton disappeared. Leaving Archer speechless. It was the first time he had felt like an abandoned sheep, he had never had that feeling of fear and confusion. What he had seen had no precedent. When he returned from his Master he didn't report what he had seen in that alley.

Archer and the skeleton by Bikowolf

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento