lunedì 29 giugno 2020

Chapter 135 : A moment of sincerity


Saber entered the bedroom she shared with her Master, when Alessandro saw her in her bathrobe he blushed for a moment but then resumed reading the sheets that Friedrich had left him. Saber, noting that he was very busy with those sheets, asked:
« What is it about? »
« Sheol is stalling, Saber. She's playing with us. Wherever she goes she brings destruction ... but I perhaps know how to destroy her: by destroying the Holy Grail of Yggdrasil. It would be nice if it really worked. » He sighed: « But there's something I have to tell you, Saber. »
« Tell me then, I'm listening. »
Alessandro got up from his chair, put the papers on the desk, and said:
« I never told you about myself and I think I've to apologize to you for this. I have thought about it a lot and I realize that you attach great importance to our friendship. I'm sorry for being such an idiot with you.
But you have to understand that these things are difficult for me but ... err .. you want to be my friend, yes? »
« Yes, it's true. I would love to be your friend, Master. I don't just want to be your Servant. » She confirmed, smiling.
« Can I at least ask you why? What do you gain from being my friend? »
« Well ... » Saber approached Alessandro and started stroking his hair: « In Rome friendship was of great importance, in some cases more than love. I know I've never been an expert in love, but ... »
« But what? »
« I want to be honest, Master, I don't know what will happen between the two of us in the future ... but whatever happens I want your trust, after the battle against Rider I know I've disappointed you and I promise that it will never happen again. I promise you not as Servant but as a friend. »
« Saber, I ... »
« I know you look at me like I'm some sort of criminal. I know I shouldn't have killed those people and I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. »
« Saber ... you're not a criminal. »
« So who am I for you, Master? »
« I ... for now I just want to see you as a friend. But ... I want to know you better. »
The girl hugged Alessandro with a heart full of joy, he returned the hug and hugged Saber satisfied with having made her happy.
But then that happiness became restlessness and Alessandro separated from Saber, his head was clouded by inauspicious thoughts, the future seemed dark to him.
« Is something wrong, Master? You seem worried. »
He looked at her with anguished eyes and replied:
« I'm afraid, Saber. I'm afraid of dying. This war really scares me ... »
Alessandro then began to tell of his nightmares, of what he had learned from Friedrich and then he took advantage of that moment to also tell her about how he ended up in the Coven. Saber, at that moment, realized the fragility of her Master, understood for the first time that feeling she had when he evoked her: she was in front of a person who had suffered a lot and who was still living a life full of unhappiness.
She cried.
« Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so pathetic. » Said Alessandro.
« You're not pathetic ... you're strong. If despite all that pain you still manage to go on then it means that you're stronger than you think. As a friend, I swear to you that I'll do everything necessary to guarantee your victory. You won't die, I swear to you. »
« That day ... when I summoned you, I was sad, really sad. I was sad because I had been involved in a war against my will. I don't want anything and I've never wanted anything from the Holy Grail. I just want a peaceful and happy life. »
« I will give you that happiness. With my body, my soul and my blade I, Gaius Julius Caesar, descendant of Venus and Mars, belonging to the gens Iulia, descendant of the First King, Romulus, swear to you that I will dedicate myself to your cause until the end of times. »
« Thanks, Caesar. »
« No, thank you, Alessandro, I'm glad to be your friend.
» She hugged him again and kissed his cheek.

Alessandro and Saber by Bikowolf

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento