sabato 4 luglio 2020

Chapter 136 : Gratitude


Friedrich was sitting on the sofa playing the guitar, he was rehearsing some chords, Specter was there close to him listening to his melodies that lasted a maximum of two minutes each, she was fascinated by his music because she perceived loneliness and sadness from it; the vibration of those strings was the voice of his soul communicating with the world. Specter had never heard of music in her entire life, that was the first time.
Friedrich realized that his Servant was listening carefully to every single note, she was quieter than usual: she wasn't bothering, she wasn't making idiotic jokes, she was like enchanted. With his hand he stopped the chords and asked, curious:
« Have you ever played a musical instrument? »
« No .» She replied with a melancholy look: « Not all demons live surrounded by luxury. I'm a bitch of a more powerful demon and therefore I've never had the pleasure of playing anything. »
« I'm sorry, it must have been sad. »
« You can't be sad when you don't have something you don't even know. I've never known music, this is the first time I hear it. »
Friedrich was slightly shaken by that statement, surely because he was human and didn't know the lifestyle of a demonic creature, it was strange for him to think of a life without music. Strange and sad.
« How does it feel to play an instrument? To make music? » Specter asked, intrigued.
« It's not simple ... it's something personal. »
« It's all right. Tell me. »
« Well ... music for me is like a language, a way to give voice to my interiority. There are things that cannot be expressed in words, there are things that not even science can understand ... and these things are human feelings and these are translated into music. Music is my life. That's all. »
« Who taught you to play? »
« I'm a sort of self-taught. I learned on my own. With the experience and advice of some, I followed my heart and found my music. When I travel ... I need to give vent to my emotions, otherwise I feel ... closed in a cage, which is silence. And I hate silence. »
« Why? »
« Because silence leaves room only for negative thoughts and I need to silence them. »
« So you play music only because you hate negative thoughts? »
« Yes and no. I hate negative thoughts, yes, but they have no control over my music. »
« What are these thoughts? »
« The fear of being nobody, the fear of being an intruder and of being harmful to others ... sorry, I don't want to talk about it. »
« It's okay. So you composed your music? »
« Ah, ah! I'm not an artist, I don't create things. Generally I play songs that I like. » He replied, smiling.
« Well, it's a little sad ... but I have no expectations. I leave you to your music. »
Specter got up from the sofa and headed for the kitchen but Friedrich, leaning the guitar, hugged her from behind. She, a little embarrassed, stammered:
« Wha-What are you doing? »
« Thank you. »
She blushed.
« W-Why are you thanking me? I didn't do anything. »
« You saved my life. I know maybe it was just your duty but ... I still wanted to thank you, Specter. »
« Tch! I'd do it another hundred times, Master ... now I'm getting attached to you. »
« That's fine with me. »
« Really? »
« Yes. »
Specter blushed, squeezed Friedrich's hands and said:
« Don't die. »

Friedrich by Bikowolf

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento