giovedì 23 luglio 2020

Chapter 143 : The wolf and the demon (part 3)


Friedrich summoned a wolf that shone with a yellow light:
« Wolf der Heilung. »
Friedrich took off his jacket and sweatshirt and showed the wound, the animal licked it so it healed then the wolf disappeared. The boy dressed and looked for Rybakov, who wasn't showing up. Friedrich decided to hide in one of the hangars where they kept the planes, next to a huge plane that had no engines attached, he saw Sergei Rybakov together with four black mastiffs.
The mastiffs attacked Friedrich but suddenly many wolves made of ice appeared and killed the sand animals making them disappear, Rybakov didn't seem to be surprised by the skills of his opponent.

He had a satisfied look, it was clear that he loved to fight against Friedrich and when he noticed that the opponent was no longer injured he complimented him:
« It was a long time since I waited to face another magus specialized in summoning, your skills are commendable. However, I can't let you win. »
Friedrich snorted and ordered his ice wolves to attack Rybakov, but the Russian magus had foreseen that move; the black sand, which were the remains of his mastiffs, rose and formed an even larger dog that annihilated the wolves.
« Wolff ... » Rybakov reflected.
« What's the matter, Rybakov? »
« The Holy Grail War is a death sentence but I accepted the executioner's ax, I was guided by my nightmares ... I met a man with your surname ... Wolff ... I'm sure ... I don't know how it is possible but I've the impression of having already seen a person like you ... a man who had lost everything and who had been devoured by his own despair . »
Friedrich immediately sensed that Sergei probably had fought in another world against his older brother Clovis.
« In this world he has come to the same end ... I don't blame him, the pain of losing his daughter at that young age must have been ... » Friedrich said.
« Who are you? »
« A lone wolf, without a pack and guided only by the desire to survive and to know the world. »
« Yet you are here, together with the rabbit who's too naive for this world and who's always caged by someone else, otherwise he risks being devoured. »
« Irony of fate. »
« Maybe, but answer a question: why do I have these nightmares? »
« Because all of this has already happened in another world ... in another life, I don't know the details though.»
« And you? Do you have nightmares? »
« No. I'm nothing. I didn't exist before in my brother's life ... and I probably won't exist later. I'm here, just in this moment and maybe never again. Isn't it absurd?
I'm just a moment. A randomness. »
« It's not absurd, no, it's precious. Your life is a breath and it must be preserved, even if it may seem insignificant to you, it must be preserved because perhaps you can put an end to my nightmares. »
« What? »
Friedrich had the impression of seeing Sigwald Stein in tears, he had already heard those words spoken by his teacher.
« No ... » He was trembling. « No, you can't ... not like this ... no ... » His eyes were burning, he was about to collapse in tears, he couldn't even stand up anymore. « No, please ... stop ... why did you say those things too? I don't want to end your nightmares ... I didn't do anything. Let me alone. »
« I can't take it anymore, these nightmares ... are killing me. »
« That's enough! Be quiet! Be quiet! BE QUIET! » Friedrich shouted in anger.
At that moment he saw a glow in the sky, it was a flame that had assumed the shape of a cross. Sergei said:
« My Servant's Noble Phantasm, apparently you've lost. »
« No, I'm sorry, but this time I won't let things go their course. Nightmares? Paranoia? Fears? Fuck you! Fuck this Holy Grail War! A War of the Desperate!
I'm not going to indulge your anguish! »
Friedrich used the Command Seal and ordered:
« Specter, you must win this battle at any cost! We won't lose ... I won't lose. »

Specter felt the order of her Master, reopened her eyes and found the strength to get up, the stone was breaking, the girl went to her knees and gradually managed to free herself from the arms of blood. Shocked, Assassin took the rifle and pointed it at the opponent's head and fired a shot but Specter managed to deflect it with the blade of her arm.
Specter managed to free herself from Assassin's dangerous Noble Phantasm and jumped at him, started hitting him with several sharp attacks; Assassin, in panic, asked for the help of his Master who strengthened him using a Command Seal. Assassin threw several daggers but Specter managed to dodge them, then he decided to use another Noble Phantasm to be able to eliminate the opponent:
« Krasnyy Pepel! (The Suicidal Monk) »
Assassin fired a crimson-colored bullet from the rifle that would certainly have killed Specter but the latter also used her Noble Phantasm:
« Caacrinolaas! (The Dog with Griffin Wings) »
With golden wings Specter rose into the air but the fireball followed and eventually hit her, the impact caused a gigantic explosion that would surely have destroyed the entire airport. Assassin thought for a moment that he had triumphed but then saw that Specter had used those same wings to protect herself from the attack, the wings disappeared and Specter fell towards him with unsheathed blades.
Assassin dropped his rifle to the ground and closed his eye.

Specter vs Assassin by Bikowolf

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento