mercoledì 21 agosto 2019

Chapter 35 : Before the battle


Archer was holding Harumi and was jumping from roof to roof. The two were heading to the hotel where Rider's Master, Sunahara Hiro, was staying.
Harumi told Archer:
« Fortunately we had spied on that boy, otherwise we would never have discovered his position. Are you ready, Archer? »
« I'm always ready, princess. »
The two stopped on the roof of a building opposite the hotel. Harumi got out of her Servant's arms and prepared to get off the roof but at that moment she was stopped by Archer who asked her, intrigued:
« How are you? »
« Don't you understand? » She asked with melancholy eyes.
« Are you hurt because that Master sent your friend to the hospital? »
« I didn't want to endanger him, Archer. Yusuke has always been my only friend, the only person I trusted. When we separated I felt abandoned to myself, that's why when I saw him again I couldn't resist the temptation to talk to him. I need to feel loved, Archer; you have no idea what it means to wake up every morning and feel that your wrists are tied; you don't know what it means to be ashamed to look in the mirror. Yusuke was like a glimmer of light, a way out. I talked to him hoping to change myself, I hoped to say goodbye to my suffering. But I still feel ashamed and now I feel worse because because of me ... he's hurt. »
« Master .. .»
Harumi was crying; her hands trembled; the girl tightened her wrist, as if to stop the continuous flicker but it was useless. Archer approached her and hugged her. He cuddled her head and murmured:
« It's all right. »
« Archer, why can't I escape these sufferings? Why does the world seem to be angry with me? I'm trying ... I'm trying with all my strength ... but I can't! It's not fair!
It's not fair! »
« I know, princess. »
« I don't ask for much: I just want to have a normal life. I want to say goodbye to my uncle ... but apparently the Holy Grail is really the only way to do it. I will have my family back ... I will have my happiness. »
Harumi distanced herself from Archer with the help of her hands. With the sleeve of her jacket she dried her tears and exclaimed:
« I'm going. If it gets serious, you are allowed to use the Noble Phantasm. »
« Be careful, princess. »
« Thank you, Archer. You too, be careful. » She said, smiling.
« I won't die here, princess. I'll be by your side until the end. »
Harumi jumped off the roof while Archer stayed on the lookout. A few minutes later he saw one of the windows of the hotel break and he noticed that there were two Servants who were fighting on the building: Rider and Saber.
Archer immediately thought of intruding but subsided and muttered, to himself:
« It is not yet time, I want to see what they have in mind. »
Archer saw Rider use his Noble Phantasm to control the minds of hundreds of civilians. Initially he didn't give too much weight to the thing but as soon as he realized that Saber was incapable of hitting them, he got scared. His first thought is that dealing with so many invulnerable enemies was madness. It was necessary to put an end to the mental control exercised by Rider.
Archer remarked that Rider didn't move, so probably the only way to end that Noble Phantasm was to hit her. Archer nocked an arrow and, after taking aim, shot it.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento