venerdì 2 agosto 2019

Chapter 25 : Choices (part 1)


The Regent's Park had been surrounded by barricades and yellow ribbons. The earthquake that split the park in two scared the Londoners so much that made some of them go crazy.
Fukano Harumi wandered the streets of the City of Westminster and saw men announcing the arrival of the end of the world, policemen and soldiers who scoured the streets with their armed vehicles and geologists camped outside Regent's Park to try to understand the origin of the abnormal earthquake.
The girl was traumatized by the Ibaraki Disaster and seeing the same thing happen at Regent's Park made her worry further. Harumi saw that there was a boy who was more or less her age; this young boy was taking pictures with his cell phone at the pits of Regent's Park. She recognized him immediately. She approached him and, touching his shoulder, caught his attention. 
« Oh! » He exclaimed turning to the girl.
« Hi, Yusuke, it's a long time since we've seen each other! » She said, smiling.
« Fukano Harumi? I'm ... I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you. But what are 
you doing here? »
« What are you doing in London? »
« I'm here on vacation with my family. »
« Me too. » She lied.
« Damn ... it's been so long since we've seen each other, you've changed a lot.
How long has it been? »
« I believe two years. »
« Right, right. Two years ... do you want me to offer you something to eat? »
« Er… okay, why not. » She answered, blushing.
The two went to eat in a pub. After ordering something to eat quickly, the two started talking about their stories. For the first time since the war began, Harumi felt really happy.
« ... and then I said to him: "If you really want to fight then let's do it!" And he really wanted to beat me. So as soon as we left school I immediately took the bike and cycled home, and he chased me for almost half the way! Unbelievable! » Exclaimed Yusuke laughing.
« So you really like Fuyuki, don't you? »
« Compared to Ibaraki? Yes. I met so many funny friends and many beautiful girls ... with beautiful shapes, I don't know if I can explain myself. » Said Yusuke with a malicious voice.
« Come on, stop it, pervert! » Exclaimed Harumi laughing.
« Why didn't you come with me? Your dream had always been to leave Ibaraki and get to know new places and new people. Why didn't you come to Fuyuki with me? »
« My uncle didn't agree. » She answered in a grayer tone.
« I just don't understand. My parents like you very much and they would have been willing to have you at home, especially since you are practically part of our family. We've known each other since we are little, remember? »
« Yes, I remember … »
« Is everything okay? » Yusuke asked, worried.
« Yes, I'm fine … »
Yusuke immediately realized that Harumi's hand was shaking. She was like a cooled puppy. He took her hand and she looked at him with eyes wide and almost amazed. He, embarrassed, withdrew his hand and said:
« Sorry, I didn't want to embarrass you. »
« No, don't worry, it's not you ... it's just that … »
« Since the incident occurred you have changed. Before you were more lively, more joyful and you were also very ... I don't know how to say, you had something that always made people around you smile. But after that day something in you has completely changed, I don't want to judge but ... I'm sorry I can't help you in any way. »
Yusuke heard his cell phone vibrate and when he opened it he saw that his father had written to him. The boy closed the phone and, getting up from the table, he told Harumi:
« I have to go. You know my phone number, don't you? »
« Yes. »
« Good. Call me if you want to talk a little. I had a great time with you. »
« Hi, Yusuke. » She said, smiling.

How could she tell him? How could she talk about such a horrible thing with her best friend? It was humiliating, it was like being covered in dirt. Harumi felt impure, she felt ugly, she felt dirty with mud and her mood, so dark and heavy, was caused by her uncle: a violent man, without mercy, guided only by the animalistic instinct to do harm.
Harumi was fragile and, closing her eyes, she could remember with her body the pain in her wrists, strangled by a furious grip of a strong man; she remembered the smell of cigarettes coming out of the mouth of that man who breathed in her face like a dog; she remembered the excruciating pain, between her legs, of a forced sexual relationship, without pity and without forgiveness; a wild beast that rages on her every night without asking her anything and paying no attention to her suffering; after each relationship she found herself alone, with her body rich only in trembling and a feeling of weakness and humiliation pouring over her entire being.
How many times had she vomited after a sexual intercourse because of a sour taste that she still had in her mouth?
How many times had she avoided the eyes of her peers for fear that they could read her mind?
How many times had she been about to commit suicide but then hesitated for fear of dying?
How many times have she cried and asked her uncle to stop?
How many times have she had to skip school due to some bruising or some visible injury?
How many times?
Harumi was on the roof of a building with Archer behind her. It was night. The girl was still locked in the cage of her dark memories but then, clenching her fists and gritting her teeth, she remembered why she had chosen to fight the Holy Grail War.
« I want my life back. » She stated.
« Do you want your life? What do you mean? »
« I want my family. This is my desire for the Holy Grail and that is why I chose to fight for it. I want to change things, I want to change my destiny. I don't accept being a victim, I want to win this war! I will succeed or die trying! But I'll never go back to that slimy worm! »
Archer did not know the story of his Master and so he told her:
« So your desire is to change your life, my princess? »
« I'm not a princess, Archer. I am dirty, I was humiliated by a merciless man who abused my body, taking advantage of my weakness. That's why I want to start over. I want to bring my family back to life and eliminate my uncle from my life forever! »
« Master … » Archer was shocked to learn that Harumi had been raped.
« I'm sorry you have to know this about me, I know perfectly well that women like me were unworthy in your time. So … »
« Ah! Master, this is not the way to behave! » Archer exclaimed with a smile.
« Archer? »
« When you summoned me I had already realized that you had a darkened soul, but I have not stopped believing in you and certainly I will not stop now! »
Archer took Harumi's hand, bowed to one knee in front of her and said:
« I'm not interested in the dirt you wear. You will always be my princess. »
Harumi didn't know what to say. Archer kissed her hand and the girl started to cry. Archer looked into her eyes and said:
« I am your weapon, princess, use me to change your destiny. »
« Archer ... thanks … »
Harumi hugged Archer and he returned.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento