venerdì 9 agosto 2019

Chapter 34 : Twelfth day


It was night. Alessandro Serpi was preparing to go out and fight with Saber. Elisa Mancina, who had seen them head for the apartment lobby, told them:
« Be careful. »
« Don't worry about us, we'll manage! » Saber answered, smiling.
Alessandro opened the door and went out first, followed by Saber.
Once they left the hotel, they headed for Regent's Park. Saber had noticed that her Master was rather silent; his gaze was dark and thoughtful and his step was as heavy as that of a man who was preparing to do something decisive. The girl had realized that Alessandro had in mind to do something really big.
The two, from Regent's Park, took a road that led them to a hotel that overlooked the park: there resided Kumahira Yukiko, Alessandro Serpi's half-sister. Saber did not know the place but she immediately understood that instead Alessandro knew it, so she concluded that it was the same in which he was invited by Yukiko. Alessandro and Saber were at the entrance. The girl asked the Master:
« Are you ready? »
« Yes. »
« Is there something bothering you, Master? »
« I'm aware that starting tonight the countdown will officially begin. »
« What are you talking about? »
«Nothing. »
Alessandro snapped his fingers and said:
« Dis. »
A powerful shock wave split the hotel doors. The men in the lobby got up and took out firearms. Saber prepared to attack them but Alessando stopped her and said:
« Save energy, Saber. Leave them to me. »
« Are you sure, Master? » Asked Saber, worried. 
« I know I can kill them. »
Alessandro approached the armed homunculi. They pointed their weapons. Alessandro snapped his fingers and said:
« Defendere. »
The homunculi fired but the bullets were blocked by the magic shield that defended the boy. Once the enemies ran out of bullets, Alessandro snapped his fingers again and said:
« Diffundit. »
The magic shield also set in front of Saber. The girl realized that Alessandro wanted to protect her from something, but she didn't know what. The boy closed both arms and then quickly opened them, exclaiming:
« Sanguis Ignis! »
At that moment the homunculi began to suffer, shaking and collapsing to the ground in the throes of excruciating pain. Smoke came from their bodies and their skin was slowly charring; then, without warning, they all exploded together. More than being devastating, the explosion was macabre. The magic shield deactivated. The air was impregnated with the smell of burnt meat and sulfur.
Saber was both surprised and frightened by the immense power of Alessandro Serpi.
The two got into the elevator and reached the top floor, where Yukiko's room was.
As soon as Alessandro approached the door he was grabbed by the arm, Saber removed him exclaiming:
« Attention! »
The apartment door was smashed with a kick: that's Rider. The two girls began to fight each other but the first thing that Alessandro noticed was that Saber seemed already at a distinct disadvantage compared to Rider, which took him unawares since she was able to tackle both Lancer and Archer without problems. Against Rider, Saber, seemed more awkward in the movements, she was not able to fight back and she was more on the defensive. Alessandro asked Saber, worried:
« What's the matter with you? Why don't you attack? »
« I'm sorry, Master! But this Servant is not really one of those I know how to fight! »
« Why? »
«Well… because I have no idea who the hell she is. »
« What do you mean ...? »
Then Alessandro realized that Rider was wearing a Japanese armor, she was a samurai. Saber had fought against an English knight and against an Amazon warrior linked to the history of Greece. Then he realized that evidently Saber was better at fighting against the Western Heroic Spirits than against the Eastern ones.
Rider was dominating Saber and was forcing her to remain defensive. Alessandro intended to use a Command Seal to upgrade Saber but at that moment he saw Yukiko leaving the room. The young girl, with a pleased smile, said: 
« You've come to me, then. »
« Exactly, but I'm not here to talk. I'm here to eliminate you. »
« Why do you want to kill me? Don't you realize that we are bound by destiny, you and me? Didn't my words convince you? Did the fact that our father always wanted our covenant not even touch your heart? Don't you want to destroy the Holy Grail? »
« I don't care! » Alessandro screamed.
« You don't care? »
« No! It no longer matters what is true and what is not! This is a war and I have to eliminate you to have the life I desire and to fulfill Saber's dream! »
« I see … » Yukiko murmured, sighing.
Alessandro snapped his fingers and exclaimed:
« Dis! »
Yukiko was turned upside down against a wall of the apartment. Alessandro followed her and prepared to attack again but the girl immediately got up and hit Alessandro with a kick so powerful that it made him fly against the TV, breaking it.
Yukiko said:
« Jag är Oövervinnlig. »
Then she said:
« Jag är Stark. »
Yukiko approached the sofa and turned it over using one hand. She grabbed Alessando by the throat, with one hand, and threw him against a wall, smashing it completely.
Alessandro, full of dust, tried to get up with his own strength but Yukiko hit him with a kick that made him fly against the ceiling; the boy fell to the ground again. Alessandro started spitting blood out of his mouth, he was now unable to react. Yukiko, with a sad look said to him: 
« I tried to convince you to join me, but you did your own thing and look where you are. You thought you were stronger than the wolf but the wolf defeated you ... and now the wolf will tear you apart. »
At that moment Fukano Harumi arrived unexpectedly. The girl was already looking for Sunahara Hiro but did not see him then realized that Yukiko had the Rider symbol on her right hand.
Yukiko, seeing the girl, raised a sadistic grin and said:
« I see that other lambs are here to be killed by me. »

Meanwhile, Saber and Rider were still dueling against each other. Archer had not yet arrived. Rider was in a clear advantage over Saber and after striking a series of slashes she made her opponent fly to the ground with a kick; Rider leaped and prepared a final blow to behead Saber but the latter was quick enough to dodge the blow and get back on her feet. Rider said, smiling:
« You are tenacious, but I would have expected a better performance from a Saber-class Servant. »
« Don't underestimate me, Rider. I'm just a little bit in trouble, don't give me up. »
« Good, because I want to have some fun! »
The two warriors exchanged other blows but in the end Rider managed to hit Saber again with a kick that made her crash into a hotel window; Saber did an aerial somersault and landed on the vertical wall of the building; Rider followed her. The two warriors resumed fighting outside the hotel, keeping their balance on the vertical walls but in the end they both jumped and landed on the asphalt.
Rider was getting nervous because Saber showed no signs of abating but recovered her composure and, pointing her sword, asked her rival:
« You fight with great tenacity, Saber. Can I know what your real name is? » 
« Ah! Why should I tell you, Rider? »
« It's a matter of honor and respect. We are two Heroic Spirits who are fighting to get the Holy Grail. In this duel to the death it's customary to give one's name. »
« Honor? Are you stupid? Are you talking about "honor" with me? Who do you think I am, sorry? I'm not a knight with little imagination who must necessarily show his weaknesses in the name of honor and respect! I am a conqueror! I am a dictator! I am a winner! I'm not a knight! I don't care about honor! What matters is to win and be glorified for eternity! Everything else is just nonsense for children! » Exclaimed Saber.
« I'm sorry to hear you say it. You will rot in hell knowing that it was Ieyasu Tokugawa who sent you! May the gods take pity on you! »
Rider raised the katana and said:
« You must have wondered why a Rider like me doesn't have a horse, it's because my horse is metaphorical. I am a samurai but I am also a leader and what I "ride" is society. I have the reins of my people and their destiny, even when someone else seems to be in charge, I have the real control. » 
Rider's katana began to light up and the girl said:
« Do you want to see my steed? Now I'll show you! »
Rider screamed:
« Kairō no Eien no Shōgun! (The Commander of the Cloister) »
Suddenly several chains made of a blue light started from the katana and began to enter the surrounding buildings. From these came out, armed, several London citizens who were clearly under Rider's control. The mystical chains were anchored to the chests of at least a hundred people, armed with household knives, brooms and other objects of common use.
Saber tried to hit one of them but the sword bounced. Rider, laughing, exclaimed:
« You can't hurt my people, Saber! No one can! Now get yourself killed, Saber! »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento