giovedì 1 agosto 2019

Chapter 24 : A help


Paddington district

In the vicinity of the Victoria pub, Clovis Wolff met a man in his forties who dressed as a Victorian nobleman. This English man shook hands with Clovis and introduced himself:
« I am Sir Bradley Jenkins, I am a member of the Mage's Association. You must be Mr. Wolff,
right? »
« Exactly. I'm glad you agreed to meet me, I have questions to discuss. Follow me. »
The two walked along the streets of the neighborhood. Clovis told Bradley:
« I have had the chance to fight against the other Masters who participate in the Holy Grail War and I admit that I have never felt so alive. I noticed, however, that the Coven also took part in the war. Did you know about it? Do you know what the Coven is? »
« Certainly. »
« Perfect, then I don't think I have to give explanations for the proposal I made on the phone, just before. »
« You want the help of the Mage's Association to ban the Coven member from the war, am I right? Do you think it's a wise move? »
« The Coven is an organization of fanatical assassins, I thought the Mage's Association was against these people. »
« From what I understand also the Rote Mäntel have extremist ideologies. »
« It's not the same thing. »
« It is instead. »
« Damn! Do you realize that the Coven is a danger ?! »
« Mr. Wolff, two years ago I had the opportunity to speak with Grand Master Giovanni Monteverdi X. I had a pleasant discussion and he assured me that the Coven has changed, it doesn't overflow with fanatics like it used to. Now the only ones with too many fanatics among their ranks are the Rote Mäntel. »
« One moment! Are you telling me that the Mage's Association approves the presence of
the Coven?! »
« Obviously we do not have total confidence in the Catholic Church, but every improvement is always welcome. »
« All the Mage's Association agrees? » Clovis asked, unnerved.
« What are you trying to do, Mr. Wolff? Do you want to find a way to easily win
the Holy Grail War? »
« I … »
Clovis didn't know how to answer, Bradley was right. He was only looking for a way to quickly get rid of his rival. He had no intention of clashing with a member of the Coven, because he knew that those magi were really powerful, Alessandro Serpi was proof of this.
Bradley approached Clovis and gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder, then said:
« The Mage's Association already has too many things to think about. The disaster at Regent's Park has alerted us and we will most likely vote for the total destruction of the Holy Grail of London. Forget about cheating and deception, fight this war honestly. Now I have to go, good day. »
« You too. »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento