sabato 31 agosto 2019

Chapter 37 : The great battle (part 2)


The lands of Gaul disappeared. The fighters were back on the streets of London. Rider was seriously injured and would surely have died in a few seconds. All those present were still amazed by this immense show of strength. Saber's Noble Phantasm, aka Gaius Julius Caesar, was indeed formidable.
However Kumahira Yukiko had no intention of letting her Servant die. She used a Command Seal to order the Servant:
« You will not die, Rider, I prevent you. You will fight with all your strength to survive. »
Rider, forced by the order, got up again. The magical energy of Yukiko was already healing, slowly, the wounds of the Servant but there was something in the expression of Rider that made to understand the lack of desire on the part of this to fight further.
"I've already seen that expression on Saber's face." Rider reflected "I have already seen that smile full of pride, of bravado and triumphant as that of a hero who does not know defeat. It was in the face of Oda Nobunaga ... the Demon King. She too, like Caesar, looked at me in that as if all my attempts to overcome her were useless. ".
Yukiko ordered Rider, using another Command Seal:
« Rider, I order you to continue fighting and to kill Saber! »
Rider, even if she didn't want to, had to point her sword at her opponent. Frustrated and filled with anger, she kept rethinking her past "In order to be adored and respected just like Oda Nobunaga, I made myself up to be a pathetic descendant of the Imperial Family. It was a pathetic move on my part. But that's enough! I've had enough! ". 
Turning to Saber, Rider said: 
« Caesar ... you have proven to be powerful, you are a really fearsome rival however, even if I do not wish to continue this battle I am forced to do so. So I have to ask you a favor … »
Saber was confused and asked her:
« A favor? Do you want me to do you a favor? Why? » 
« Because I'm tired. I have wasted much of my life as a simple right hand of the Demon King ... I don't want to fight this war like Kumahira Yukiko's slave. You and Oda Nobunaga have a lot in common and so you will know how to put an end to my suffering, Caesar ... I ask of you, please, not as Servant but as Ieyasu Tokugawa ... the human ... please ... put an end to this torment of mine. »
Saber drew her sword from the asphalt. She wasn't convinced of her rival's strange request, on one hand she thought it was a trap but on the other hand she was feeling sorry for her. Shaking her weapon, Saber advanced on Rider and said:
« So be it. Ieyasu rejoice, I Caesar will give you the death you deserve. »
Rider, with tears in her eyes, smiled and launched herself at Saber. The blades only collided a couple of times and eventually Saber pierced the opponent's heart.
Rider, leaning on Saber, murmured to her, after spitting blood:
« Here it is ... I will finally die knowing I was free. »
Rider disappeared.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento