sabato 3 agosto 2019

Chapter 27 : Choices (part 3)


« Don't you think this day is beautiful, Hiro? »
Yukiko turned to Sunahara Hiro, who was sitting on the sofa with a dull look aimed at nothing. The girl, smiling, added:
« Oh, sorry, dear. I completely forgot that you are now my personal slave. »
« What is your purpose? » Rider asked.
The Servant was on the other side of the room, leaning against the wall with her arms crossed and with a look full of contained anger. Yukiko answered immediately:
« Have a world without imitations. »
« What? »
« You cannot understand, Rider, since you are only a Servant, limited by the experience of your time. You would never be able to understand my purpose, my reason
for being. »
« Why do you want the help of that Master? »
« Because I need him. »
« Why? » Rider asked, insistent.
« You're worrying too much about the Saber Master, instead you should be concerned about the safety of your Master. »
« Sooner or later I'll be able to cut your throat, then I'll be happy to have eliminated a plague from this war. »
« You're very good at talking, Rider. Let's see how you manage on the battlefield. I want you to go to Paddington train station with your beloved Master. A battle awaits you there. »

Paddington station

Clovis Wolff was coming down the stairs to reach his train. He intended to reach the hotel where Sir Bradley Jenkins was staying. His intent was to have a face-to-face conversation with him on the question of the destruction of the Holy Grail. If the Holy Grail had been destroyed, Clovis would never have been able to save his daughter from tuberculosis. Clovis needed the miracles of the Holy Grail to save his child and he would stop at nothing to win the Holy Grail War.
He went down the stairs, Clovis, received a call from his wife. He replied:
« What's up, honey? »
« Fuck you, Clovis, you know what's happening! It's happening that you are not here when you should be! What kind of father is away at a time like this ?! »
« I've already told you, it's something I absolutely have to do. You can't understand, but I promise you everything will work out. »
« What the fuck are you talking about, Clovis ?! Don't you realize that our little girl could … »
« I know! Fuck, I know! But that's why I'm here! I want to find a way to help her! Indeed, I promise you that I will save her! I will save her at all costs! »
« Clovis ... come home ... please … »
« I'll come back, honey, I promise. But until then, bitte, have faith in me.
Ich liebe dich. »
Clovis ended the call and headed for the train but at that moment he felt the presence of a Master who was approaching him. He turned and muttered:
« Holy shit! »
He saw Sunahara Hiro arrive with Rider. Clovis immediately noticed that the two did not mind the other people, who were confused; the man entered the train and when he saw all the passengers he realized that he couldn't fight with them in there so he decided to shoot a magic bullet to unleash an explosion outside the train.
People, seized with terror, escaped from the wagons and started running out of the station. Caster appeared behind Clovis and asked, curious:
« Tell me, Master, what is the purpose of this? »
« I don't want to involve innocent victims, even if they are inferior, it's not worth killing them. Use one of your ink men. »
« Why? »
« Because I need someone to take the train away from here. »
« As you wish, Master. » Said Caster, lowering his head.
Hiro went in the wagon along with Rider. Clovis was waiting for them both, together with Caster. Clovis immediately noticed that the boy's eyes had something strange, they were as absent as that of a corpse. He understood immediately that there was something that was not going the right way.
Rider stepped forward and, pointing the blade, exclaimed:
« I'm here to take your life! »
« Okay, if you want to fight I'll settle for you. But we'll fight my way. »
At that moment the doors of the wagons closed. The train jolted slightly and, after a mechanical noise, left.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento