lunedì 5 agosto 2019

Chapter 30 : Purpose (part 1)


Alessandro Serpi was in the dining room, sitting in front of a sheet on which he had made a series of schemes. The boy was trying to reflect on all that Yukiko told him about his father.
Marco Serpi worked at the Coven and at that time he married and had a son. He left Rome, abandoning his family, seven years later because he was probably hunted by the Coven. 
He traveled a lot and eventually settled in Japan where he met a woman with whom he had a daughter. He had the little girl's surname changed to prevent her from being tracked down by the Coven, probably. There was a time when Marco and Yukiko went to London and there the girl would find out everything. 
Alessandro, after making the scheme, wrote the questions that arose: why did the Coven hunt down Marco Serpi? Why did Marco reveal everything to Yukiko just when they were in London? How did Marco Serpi die?
By tapping the paper with a pencil, Alessandro thought and thought about how to answer those questions. At the bottom of the page he had written that Yukiko was part of an organization that had the purpose of destroying the Holy Grail. Was it true? Was it a lie? It didn't matter, but it was a fact that in the hotel that Alessandro had visited there was a symbol that referred to Yggdrasil.
Alessandro continued to write his reasoning: the Holy Grail would appear in London and therefore it might not be a coincidence that Marco Serpi had decided to reveal everything to Yukiko in London. The Coven has always had an obsession with the Holy Grail, so it is likely that Marco knew something or did something about the Holy Grail that the Coven did not like. 
But how did he die? Had he been killed?
« Fuck off! » Alessandro screamed throwing the papers down.
At that moment Elisa Mancini arrived in the living room, worried, who, after putting on her glasses, asked:
« Something wrong? You look upset. »
« I'm trying to understand different things but I can't. I feel like I'm in a maze. »
« Do you want a hand? »
« No, I can do it alone. » Alessandro replied with a forced smile.
« Okay though ... er … »
« What? »
« See … » Elisa was blushing
« What happens? »
« I think I can help you, after all I was sent here for this. The Coven trusts me and I would like you to do the same. »
« I have no problem with you, believe me, it's just that ... I'm dealing with really delicate matters. I don't think you can understand. »
« Of course, that's fine. »

Elisa returned to the bedroom where Saber was waiting for her to continue a game of chess. Elisa closed the door in an embarrassed and intimidated way. Saber, noticing the girl's stricken look, asked:
« What happens? Has my Master treated you badly? »
« No, no. Don't worry. »
« You have the look of a girl who has been rejected by the man she loves. Is that so? »
« I… » Elisa stood, shaking like a little leaf and her face was as red as a pepper.
« I know you have something to say. Tell me, I'm listening. »
« It's nothing so important. »
« I'll be the one to decide. Tell me. »
« It wasn't the Coven who chose me, I decided to come here. Alessandro doesn't know me, we never talked to each other, I never had the strength to get close to him even when he was alone after class. He had a way of doing that scared me. » 
« Have you a crush on him? »
« I think so. There is something in him that has always caught my attention, but I never had the strength to tell him a "hello" or a "how are you". I don't know why but I've always been displaced by his serious, almost reluctant eyes, the eyes of someone who has better things to do than listen to a girl like me. I know I'm pathetic ... I know! When I arrived here I tried to behave in the most professional way possible but it is complicated ... it is complicated to stifle emotions. »
« Don't repress your emotions. » Said Saber rising from the bed.
« You say I shouldn't? »
« Those who repress their emotions deny themselves. Be proud of your love, whether he can accept it or not, be proud of yourself because you know how to love and who knows how to love your neighbor is a good person. For the woman I loved I fought and sacrificed my men. I made her queen only because I loved her more than my own well-being. I've had other wives, I know this, three more but none of them I've ever stopped loving. One of them lost when she was still twenty, the one after she betrayed me for a lover but I never accused her and divorced her without giving explanations, only the wife who came later stayed with me for life. She tried to avoid my fateful fate and that was the first time in my life that I did not listen to a woman and I was killed. »
Saber had a melancholy look. Elisa, approaching Saber, asked her in a worried voice:
« Are you okay? »
« I thought only about my life ... so beautiful but so tragic. Some jealous god must have cursed me with bad luck or simply my destiny was to become the brightest flame in the world and then go out as sadly as possible ... killed by my son. »
« Killed ... by your son? » 
Elisa understood Saber's true identity and had the instinct to cry. She was not in front of any Heroic Spirit, she was aware of this. She was in front of someone who had no comparison in history. 
Elisa, understanding Saber's true identity, could only kneel immediately, with her head bowed, and said:
« Holy Mary ... this is an immense honor! I knew you could be a powerful Heroic Spirit but I didn't imagine you were that powerful! »
Saber smiled and, resting her hand on Elisa's head, said to her:
« This will be our little secret. Don't tell Alessandro, I don't want to lose the chance to see the look on his face when he finds out. Indeed, I want to see the face of our enemies when they understand my true identity. »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento