mercoledì 6 novembre 2019

Chapter 68 : Two destinies (part 2)


The territories of Gaul disappeared and with them also the legion, even the archers of Thomas de Camoys dissolved. Both Saber and Archer were injured, exhausted, but still they didn't want to give up for any reason in the world.
At that moment Harumi ran to Archer and stood in front of him, his wounds were not healing because she no longer had magical energy while Saber was able to recover in a short time and her wounds regenerated. Harumi was in tears and turned to Alessandro, shouting:
« Why? Why do you want to hinder me? You have nothing! You don't want anything! I must win! Why are you hindering me? »
Saber was on the point of returning to fight but Alessandro stopped her raising his hand and answered Harumi:
« Because the Grail of Yggdrasil is dangerous. If you use it you will condemn us all, it's no different from what happened to Fuyuki. Maybe you don't know but if I let you go you would never be able to face Yukiko and Berserker. I used the magic of before to deprive you of magical energy so you won't get in my way. »
« Go to hell! » She screamed.
« Would you have preferred to die? » 
« Why do you think I'm here? Because I like living? If I had had a good life I would never have accepted to fight the Holy Grail War! But I don't have a good life! I lost everything when my uncle put his hands on me for the first time, I completely lost the love for my life! How can I love what has now been tainted by the perversion of a heartless man ?! How can I prefer life to death when life is the disease of my soul and my body? » She screamed in despair.
« So you fight to change things? »
« Does it seem so strange to you? Are you so empty that you can't even pity a person who suffers? Are you so cold you don't even give me the right to die fighting? Do you want to take away from me even a dignified defeat? »
« I was told to let you live. »
« NO! Screw you! I am not a child who needs protection! I have already suffered enough to be treated like a weak person! Your arrogance bothers me! »
« Stop crying, you won't pity me. You are not the only one to have suffered: I lost a father, I was betrayed by all those whom I considered friends and now I have to face my sister. I was forced to participate in this war, I didn't even want to do it, but I am here and I will not let myself be stopped by you. » Alessandro said.
« You will always be alone if you continue to lack love for yourself … I know … »

Those words hit Alessandro like an arrow in the heart. In that single moment Harumi was able to read him, to understand what he felt: a lack of love for himself. Precisely because he never had a great self-esteem, precisely because he never loved himself he was always manipulated, betrayed and always alone. Precisely for this reason he has never managed to get his happiness: how can a person who does not love himself be really happy? In Harumi's words he revealed a connection that united them that made, in a sense, both of them loners who had no love for themselves and yet tried to get on with what they had.
« I'm sorry … » Alessandro murmured, with tears in his eyes.
Saber was shocked to see her Master cry like that, even Harumi and Archer never expected such a reaction from him.
« I'm sorry if I'm like this, I'm not looking for forgiveness for how I treated you but I need you to understand that if I don't stop Yukiko it will be the end. But I promise you that when the war is over, when the war is … when the war is over I'll give you a place to stay. We will both go to the Clock Tower. »
« Why do you say these things? »
« Because now more than ever I want to start again. I want to become a new person. » 
« No, it can't be done … it's impossible. It can not be done! »
« Yes, it can be done! »
Alessandro took Harumi by the hands and she blushed, both were crying and he said to her:
« We have to start over. Life is too short to be wasted in this pain. We must live! We must be happy! Don't you think so too? »
« What you say is impossible to happen! I can't escape from the past! »
« You mustn't run away from the past, you must build a present. Let's do it together, Harumi! »
He embraced her and at that moment Harumi realized that even Alessandro, like her, had been alone for so long to lose all hope for the future, they were similar. Two people without self-esteem, without love for themselves who found themselves in the Holy Grail War, was it perhaps destiny? Was it the hand of God?
« No. » She said, pushing away Alessandro.
« Why? »
« Because I'm not here for that. You say we can start again, but I don't want to start again. I want what I decided to fight for, I can't follow you. I'm sorry. No. »
The girl wiped her tears and prepared to continue the battle. She knew she no longer had magical energy, she knew that Archer was injured, but she didn't want to give up, she didn't want to follow the fate of Alessandro Serpi, she had a destiny of her own, a path to follow, and no one would have made her change her mind. She would go on until death.
« All right. » He said.
He respected her. For the first time he respected one of his adversaries and she was Harumi, Alessandro slowly moved away and prepared to launch the next spell: the last.
« You will die. »
« If this is my way, that's fine. But I prefer this to nothing. » 
« Alright then. »
Alessandro prepared to attack Harumi but a magic bullet touched him and hit the girl's belly. It all happened in an instant and the girl fell into Archer's arms:
« Princess! Princess! PRINCESS!!!! »
Alessandro turned and saw Clovis Wolff.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento