martedì 12 novembre 2019

Chapter 74 : The fate of Caesar


Saber saw Berserker coming towards her, smiled, and said:
« My rival finally shows up in front of me. I was getting bored standing by and 
watching. »
« SABER !!!! »
« Have you gone crazy again, Berserker? Why are you Berserkers always the bipolar ones? You really are strange Heroic Spirits. Especially you. »
« Aaaaarggh! »
Berserker had her fists wrapped in flames and hit Saber but this parried the blow with her sword and counterattacked. The two Servants exchanged several shots but neither was stronger than the other, they were on the same level. Berserker, without wasting time, decided to use her Noble Phantasm but did not take the sword, she used her fists and shouted:
« Ashes of Camelot! (My Hell is Eternal) "
A devastating attack, a powerful blaze was thrown forward towards Saber, this vortex of fire destroyed a part of the church causing some columns to collapse and burning the ground, everything that was before on its way had been incinerated. Saber, fortunately, was able to dodge the attack and when she noticed her strength commented:
« Those really are the flames of a dragon. I knew it. »
« Fight me, don't run away! Coward! »
« Your reason is coming back. Your madness is weaker than your mind, I guess this is due to the fact that you have never been a person dominated by emotions, this would explain your marked bipolarity. You are, de facto, a Servant with two personalities. »
« Why are you talking to me as if you knew me? You do not know anything about me. »
« I bet instead of having discovered your identity. But now I would like to verify it. »
Saber struck with a series of slashes that Berserker parried easily with the use of her hands but in the end one of these blows destroyed a part of Berserker's helmet. Saber gave a final decisive blow and finally Berserker's helmet broke completely: it turned out to be a feminine face, similar to Saber's, but with the hair of a dull blond, white eyes and pale skin with signs of scales of dragon on the cheeks. Saber smiled and exclaimed:
« Finally we are face to face, King of the Knights: Arthur Pendragon! »
« That's not my name. Arthur is the name my father wanted to give me, I am Artoria. »
« Sorry, I don't think I'll call you that. If I called you Artoria it would be strange. »
« Why do you say that? »
« Artoria is not your name, it is the name of your gens. Gens Artoria, a family descended from the gens Iulia, my family. Your real name is Lucius Artorius Castus and you are the person I was destined to meet. You are an extension of my destiny. »
« Enough of these nonsense! I'm Artoria Pendragon! King of the Knights, King of Britain and Daughter of the Dragon! » She exclaimed. 
« Do you really think it's that simple? Pendragon? That's just a nickname, nothing more. What you are is far from the reality of your legend. You are not a Breton, you are Roman. And believe me if I tell you, because I know how to recognize the Romans when I see them and above all I know how to recognize those who have my blood. »
« You are wrong! I have nothing to do with you! »
Berserker and Saber once again clashed. Saber led several blows with the aim of make her opponent retreat but Berserker managed to counterattack and sent Saber to the mat but she was able to get up quickly. The two continued their battle until Berserker thought of using the Noble Phantasm again, but Saber intercepted her and hit her with a blow so powerful that it split a part of the armor leaving the right side exposed.
« It's not good for you at all, Arthur. »
« You say I'm Roman, but I'm not. You call me "Arthur" yourself. »
« Because I want to respect your legend. But you are Lucius Artorius Castus. We two are so similar yet you don't realize it. »
« Are you talking about our physical appearance? That doesn't count. It means 
nothing. »
« It means that the prophecy that was made about you was no accident. It was destiny. Your destiny was the same one that brought me to power. You became "Caesar" for England as I was myself for Rome. But you ignore it. »
« I will never be like you, you are a dictator. »
« And how come you don't belong to a noble Servant class? Why are you a Berserker? What happened to you, Arthur? »
« AAAAARGH! »
Berserker screamed like an angry beast and struck Saber with such force that she threw her into the air and then grabbed her by the leg and threw her on the ground with such force that she cracked the cement under their feet. Berserker was irrepressible and the only way Saber had to face her was to play cunning.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento