giovedì 7 novembre 2019

Chapter 71 : The Miracle of Eden


Alessandro and Saber entered Westminster Abbey. The immense church with tall stone columns, gothic arches and wide naves was as silent as a cemetery, only the echo of the footsteps of Alessandro and Saber could be heard. The two stopped in the middle of the immense latin cross that was the shape of the cathedral, in front of them there was Kumahira Yukiko who was pleased to see both Saber and Alessandro. The girl wore the black gothic dress with the black right sleeve longer than the left one, she approached the two and said:
« You apparently killed Harumi. So we are the only ones left in this war. »
« From the way you smile, it seems you had planned everything. »
« Actually yes, I knew that a strong magus like you would never have fallen on the battlefield. Now we're here, face to face. Dear brother, are you still going to fight me? »
« I know what you want to do, but you'll never have my blood. »
« What do you think you know? »
« I know about the ritual and I know you want to evoke the Holy Grail with my blood so that you can bring Nidhoggr, the devourer of the worlds, back to life. I know everything. You're continuing our father's crazy plan: you want more power too, don't you? »
« No. »
« Don't lie to me, I'm not stupid. »
« No, you're not stupid, but you're biased. Do you really believe that I'm going to seal Nidhoggr and use it as a tool to become even more powerful? You're wrong. »
« Then why do this ritual? »
« I recovered and buried the chest of gold with a piece of Nidhoggr's skin inside, I learned the oldest Nordic magic, I got help from the New Order of Nidhoggr to start the Holy Grail War and I got a Servant strong enough to make me fight every battle. And do you think I did all of this just to get more power? »
« So what do you want? »
« Total destruction. The end of the world. » She replied with a demonic smile.
« You can't be serious! » Alessandro exclaimed, shocked.
« Do you think I'm not? »
«You too would die! »
« I don't think so, after all you can't kill what's already dead. »
Yukiko tore off her long right sleeve and revealed a skeletal arm of a color similar to mercury, full of curvilinear designs. When Alessandro and Saber saw that arm they were speechless.
« See, Alessandro, our father was very, very, very bad. Marco Serpi not only tried to sacrifice me but, dissatisfied with the result obtained with his first ritual, he decided to bring me back to life using the Miracle of Eden. Do you know it? »
« Yes, it's a forbidden Magecraft of Coven used for the first time by the Grand Master Marco Pacifico II who brought his sister Lucia back to life using a piece of his skin and his blood combining them with mercury. »
« Exactly. I was a victim of the same fate as Lucia. I am this. Nothing. Nothing can be born from my body and nothing can die of my body. I'm dead. I am the walking death. I'm a corpse. I could call myself an imitation of the real Yukiko Kumahira. »
« But what drives you to do something so foolish as to want to destroy humanity? »
« Alessandro, my dear big brother, you really are a fool. I am nothing, I have no reason to exist, as I killed our father, I will also kill you and the whole world. »
« You killed our father?! »
« Exactly. I rebelled, the New Order of Nidhoggr welcomed me and I tore out our father's heart to prove my loyalty. »
« This New Order of Nidhoggr you talk about, are they the same people who wanted to destroy the Grail? So it was all a lie. But who are they actually? »
« Imitations. Just like me, they are empty beings who want to end this feeling of total nothingness. They are nothing, I am nothing and you will be nothing. »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento