sabato 9 novembre 2019

Personal considerations 💬


Faced with the possibility (and hope) that Fate/Yggdrasil will go on for some more time (I do not know if we are talking about months or years) I don't know whether to still consider F/Y a fanfiction. Because of the collaboration I started with Bikowolf1 I believe that F/Y can no longer be considered a simple fanfic. 
I spend much more time writing the chapters and creating a story that is completely independent from the original franchise, let's also say that it's an autonomous story that stands on its own. 
I have to be honest, in July I thought that defining Fate/Yggdrasil a fanfic would not give me any problems, after all we are talking about a product that is inspired by the original franchise and is literally limited only to this blog. Nobody advertises this story, I don't get paid to write it and I spread it for free. 
I am aware of the plot holes, and I know that I have adopted a style of writing that some may not like but with which I feel at ease. But defining Fate/Yggdrasil a fanfiction risks giving it the image of a "false" work something that has little value and that has been written as a hobby.
But with the increase in readers, I have the chance to make a profit with this story and with the others I will write in other blogs. Fate/Yggdrasil is not a story I thought of in one day, I didn't write it in an hour of free time. Fate/Yggdrasil is my story that I carry on with dedication and love. 

Consider this as a sort of official announcement. I consider Fate/Yggdrasil a blognovel (or even a light novel) completely independent from Fate's original franchise. Calling Fate/Yggdrasil "fanfiction" diminishes my work. You may like it or you may not like it but the fact remains that I sacrifice time to think about the story and write it down.

Thank you for your attention.
Have a nice day! 😎

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento