giovedì 7 novembre 2019

Chapter 70 : Alessandro against Clovis


Clovis fired two magic bullets at Alessandro but the latter immediately snapped his fingers and said:
« Defendere. »
The bullets collided with the magic barrier that defended the boy. Clovis, unnerved, said:
« Are you going to hide behind that barrier? »
« Manus Sancti. » Alessandro said, snapping his fingers again.
An immense glow blinded Clovis Wolff and he suddenly felt weakened and weighed down, tried to use magic but was unable to. He realized he no longer had enough magic energy and then screamed:
« What did you do to me?! »
« I took away all the magical energy you had. This magic is very powerful and I can't use it everytime due to the enormous consumption of mana, if I had to do it a third time I would completely finish my magic energy reserve. »
« You are crazy! »
« Yes I am. I'm a fool, a loner, a cynic, a bastard, an empty being, a murderer and even a marionette. And only for today will I be your worst nightmare. » 
« I will not let you win the Holy Grail War! It's my daughter's life! »
« Do you think I care? By now it's too late to appeal to that shred of goodness I had in my heart, now I am reincarnated death and I will kill you. I don't give a fuck about your daughter! »
« Son of a bitch! »
Clovis tried to hit the boy with a punch aimed at his face but Alessandro kicked him in the testicles and knocked him to the ground and then said, snapping his fingers:
« Gladio. »
A sword appeared in Alessandro's right hand, a blade made of energy, a transparent weapon of a blue color with a straight blade and a cross-shaped hilt.
Alessandro stepped aside from Clovis and prepared to behead him. 
« I will not die, asshole! »
Clovis punched Alessandro in the stomach and then jumped on him and tried to strangle him but the boy freed himself, rolled to the side and tried to get back on his feet but was again intercepted by Clovis who didn't want to let him escape. The two began to fight on the asphalt until Alessandro was unable to get up and hit his opponent with a kick in the face, Clovis broke his nose and the boy smiled cynically seeing him suffer like a dog.
« You see it? Even the most fearsome magus is just an insect before me. »
« You will die, Alessandro Serpi! You will die! »
« No, you will be the only one to die. »
« Screw you! I'm not going to let you kill me, not after all the sacrifices I've made! I arrived here only to have the Holy Grail and save my daughter, I will succeed in my mission and you will certainly never be able to stop me! »
« Do not bet on it! »
« Ah! I know why you are so stubborn that you want to stop me, is it because I killed that bitch? »
Then Alessandro no longer saw from anger. He jumped on Clovis Wolff and started punching him repeatedly on the face. One punch after the other, on the bloody nose, on the teeth, on the cheeks, on the eyes, one punch after the other, drop of blood after drop of blood. Alessandro was a fury: he screamed, he cried. He screamed and cried and kept saying:
« All of this, is your fault! It's your fault! It's your fault! It's your fault that I'm so sick now! It's your fault if I'm suffering! Die! Die! DIE! Die and leave me alone! Bastard! »

Then Saber realized why Alessandro had always been so contradictory with her: why were there times where he seemed as hot as fire and others where it seemed as cold as ice? What was that pushed Alessandro to hide his feelings and avoid love? The answer was so obvious: the fear of suffering. Alessandro hated suffering. Alessandro hated being sick that's why he didn't bind himself sentimentally to anyone, that's why he tried to shut himself up like a clam and that's why he resisted his love. The fear of suffering, the fear forced him to inflict these pains but was it really what he wanted? Perhaps it was another lie that Alessandro was telling himself: perhaps this would never have made him happy and little by little he was realizing it. That's why he was reacting that way.
Alessandro was like a caged animal asking to be left in peace, he was a little animal huddling in his nest and avoiding opening his heart for fear of being sick. Saber's task was to get him out of that cage and protect him, she had promised and she had to do that.
Saber grabbed Alessandro and pushed him away from Clovis:
« Enough, Master. That's okay. Thats enough. Take it easy. »
« Saber … » Alessandro's bloodied hands were shaking and Saber stopped them and stroked them gently.
« Now it's all over. There is no need for this anymore. »
« I'm sorry you … witnessed this. »
« I like it that way. You don't scare me, on the contrary, you gave me proof that you are human and that you have a big heart, the greatest heart I have ever seen. »
Clovis, meanwhile, tried to get back on his feet and Alessandro intercepted him. He snapped his fingers and said:
« Gladio. »
« Master, wait! You don't have to kill him. »
« I will purify my soul only thanks to this murder, Saber. I will make this asshole burn in Hell! »
Alessandro, with the sword in his hand, pierced Clovis's heart. The man died murmuring his daughter's name one last time.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento