lunedì 4 novembre 2019

Chapter 64 : Caos and silence


The Clock Tower was in turmoil, people were running, they were agitated and trying to understand what had just happened in London. Alessandro Serpi walked silently into Viktor's office with Saber. Once inside he noticed that Marco Lombardo was not there and asked, closing the door:
« Where did he go? »
« He returned to Rome. » Viktor answered.
The man stood at the desk with a cigar lit in his mouth. Beyond the door of the room you could hear the incessant noises of the Clock Tower. Alessandro sat quietly in the armchair and waited for calm. Saber sat next to him indulging his silence.
« They won't stop. » Viktor said.
« I don't blame them. » Alessandro said.
« What happened then? »
« Berserker owns a Noble Phantasm Anti-Planet. » 
« I imagined it, she was the only one on the list that could have a similar Noble Phantasm. »
« You don't seem surprised. »
« I was never convinced that it was the Holy Grail, I knew it was the fault of a Servant but I didn't think that being right was so painful. »
« Yukiko has Berserker. »
« Obviously. »
Viktor turned off the cigar.
« What can we do now that the Grand Master is dead? » Alessandro asked.
« Nothing, now it's the turn of the Coven. His death is a misfortune but I don't cry, after all he had orchestrated Bradley's death. »
« I see. » 
« What happened with Yukiko? »
« She challenged me, she wants to challenge me at Westminster Abbey. »
« Obviously. So the time has come. »
« Yes, the time has come. »

That night Alessandro stayed to sleep in a bedroom in the Clock Tower. His luggage was in a corner of the room, still to be unpacked, and he was lying on the bed looking at the ceiling, thinking back to what he had seen: that Noble Phantasm was frighteningly strong, Alessandro was aware of it and for this he was afraid to face Yukiko again.
Saber was sitting in the next bed and was undoing her sandals, she took off her cloak and then her armor showing that red dress she wore under it that reminded Alessandro of a sort of bathing suit. Saber was silent and had a thoughtful look. 
« What else did Aeneas show you? » He asked.
« Are you talking about when I dreamed him? »
« Yes. What else did you see? »
« The heroes that preceded me and the heroes who came after me. Aeneas wanted to make me understand that like them I too had changed the story and for this I would have been remembered forever. »
« What do you think about it? »
« I don't know, what do you expect me to tell you? »
« Are you proud of how things went? Once you told me that wars need to be made to be told but you didn't tell me how you feel with the memory you left. »
« Well … » She got up and sat on Alessandro's bed: « I guess I'm feeling good. »
« It's not an answer. » He noticed.
« Many things have gone differently from what I imagined, I would have expected more monuments in my name and I would have imagined a Roman empire still alive and powerful but none of this is present. I know I managed to leave a mark but … » 
« But do you think you haven't done enough? »
« Yes. My beloved Queen of Egypt has never known how much I love her, my military campaigns against the Parthians and against the Germans have never happened and my dictatorship lasted too little to be able to permanently change Rome. »
« This is your problem, Saber, you're too obsessed with wanting to do something big. You can't stop, you can't relax and enjoy life. You spent your whole life trying to shine more than any other person and in the end you turned off thinking you hadn't done enough, but what else was there for Caesar? What else could you have done? Wouldn't it have been better to relax and enjoy the peace? »
« This is your philosophy, not mine. For me stopping is unthinkable, when climbing a mountain you must never go back, you have to climb up to reach the summit. » 
« But you had already reached the summit. »
« It's not true. I also thought I did it at the beginning, but the world is vast and could be all mine. My peak should have been a battle so great, so glorious, in the most important battlefield for the most precious prize of all. » She exclaimed.
« Yet you told me that your desire is to be with the woman you love. »
Alessandro's sharpness took Saber off guard and he continued:
« You want love, you want a happy and peaceful life just like me and yet you say you are destined for higher peaks, more glorious battles and similar things. Things are two: either you're contradicting yourself on purpose or you don't know what you 
really want. »
« Maybe I don't know what I really want, but can you blame me? I had a life so rich with loved ones and military and political successes that I never stopped to think what was more important to me: love or power? »
« Sorry for putting this doubt into you, I didn't want to. » Alessandro said, regretfully.
« That's fine with me, Master. » 
Saber moved and stood over Alessandro, he immediately blushed and tried to escape but she stopped his wrists and approached him, their lips were inches away, their breaths stirred, she was blushing and her heart was blazing he was warming her up. Saber murmured:
« With my power I can obtain love and with this love I can have power. This time, Master, give me a moment of satisfaction. »
« Sa-Saber ... we can't! »
She kissed his cheek and then lay down on him and began to whisper in his ear, licking the lobe:
« I can do everything. »
Alessandro did not know what to do, Saber was on him and she continued and licked his ear biting it occasionally, he was getting aroused and could not prevent it in any way and she kept holding him. Their faces met again one in front of the other, her eyes were like those enchanted by those of him, Alessandro asked her:
« I don't understand you. You should love only one person, why do you do this? »
« I can love more people in the same way and I love you, Alessandro. I love you. »
« Saber … »
Alessandro felt attracted to her, he could not stop now, Saber let go of his wrists and closed her eyes, he took her face and came closer, their lips were brushing, silence fell, their hearts were like crazy horses , their bodies were like ovens and they were getting wet with sweat.
Someone knocked on the door. Viktor's voice was heard:
« Excuse me if I disturb, but I have to talk to you. »
The fire of passion died away in an instant, as soon as the door opened, Saber had already gotten out of bed and returned to his seat, Viktor had no idea what had happened but noticed that Alessandro was a little dazed. He said:
« Alessandro, Saber, it's time to go. »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento