mercoledì 30 ottobre 2019

Chapter 56 : Never weaker (part 1)


Harumi and Rybakov were fighting in the square of Trafalgar Square. Clovis Wolff knew that it would be useless to intrude and so he decided to flee to regroup. Harumi summoned a magic circle to be able to enhance her physical abilities and tried to hit Rybakov, who was however protected by two mastiffs made of black sand. The girl was not able to fight both beasts and had to catch up to be able to keep from being attacked.
Rybakov was impressed to see the rival's more determined and courageous movements and commented:
« Something in you has changed since the last time we faced each other. »
« I already told you: this time I won't lose. I will win the Holy Grail War at any cost! »
« You're a foolish girl. How do you plan to win in a situation like this? Due to Clovis's stunt, the police will soon arrive, if not the army. Do you really think you have enough time to beat me? »
« Yup! » She exclaimed, creating a magic circle under Rybakov that threw him into the air.
The girl reached the man thanks to a magic circle that she created under her feet and prepared to hit the enemy but this made a whistle and the two dogs broke down and turned into a black sand shield that protected Rybakov from Harumi's attacks . The two landed and the girl summoned another magic circle but this time she was wounded by a mastiff that bit her ankle and dragged her to the ground. Harumi, while experiencing a piercing pain, kicked the creature but it was all useless and so she created a magic circle under the dog that threw him into the sky, the animal fell to the ground and returned sand.
« You've been good, but you're too slow. » Rybakov said.
Harumi had a severely injured ankle but still got to her feet.
« Why do you keep fighting, Harumi? Don't you realize that you will die this way? Wouldn't it be easier to give up and leave this war to those like me? »
« No. »
« No? »
« No! » She screamed.
« You're sweating because you're trying to resist pain, aren't you? You want to cry, you just want to leave and close the wound so that it doesn't hurt anymore, right? So why do you pretend to be strong? »
Harumi lost her balance but managed not to fall, but was forced to put weight on her injured ankle but still she held back her painful moans and, clenching her teeth, threw a pugnacious glance at the enemy.
« You're giving up. You're still a little girl, you can't fight an expert magus. It was enough to hurt your ankle to put you in this situation, I can order my dog to attack you again and you wouldn't be able to defend yourself. »
« So ... are you telling me to give up my wish? »
« Exactly. »
« Ah! » She exclaimed.
« What's so funny, girl? »
« Nothing, it's just that ... if you were in my situation would you give up the Holy Grail, the possibility of realizing any desire? »
« Obviously. I have my desire but this is not worth more than my life. »
« Then you're not like me. I have a desire that I am willing to die for. I must win the Holy Grail War! » Exclaimed Harumi.
« But you will never be strong enough to make it happen. Life is like that, girl: only the strong can get what they want and you're not strong. You are not strong enough to move forward. »
« So? No one is born strong! NO ONE! I hate to be fragile, I hate being weak, I hate being targeted by those stronger than me who take advantage of my weakness to hurt me! That's why I don't accept it! That's why I go ahead! Because I'm not strong enough to give up my desire! »
« What you say doesn't make sense. »
« It doesn't make sense to you but to me ... it's all I have! I've got only this! And I won't let you take away from me the only thing that keeps me going! »
« You're right, nobody is born strong but becoming strong is something that few can do and you don't seem like one who can do such a thing. Give up and live, it's not
worth it. »
« THAT'S ENOUGH! » She screamed, generating a magic circle under her feet that had a dragon symbol.
That magic circle gave off a light similar to that of a rainbow and regenerated the wound that the girl had in her ankle. Rybakov was shocked when he saw that scene.
Harumi exclaimed vigorously and with tears in her eyes:
« I'm tired of being crushed! I'm tired of being treated badly! I want to live! And maybe I'll never be strong but I don't want to be weak anymore! From today things change! »
Rybakov ordered his mastiff to attack Harumi but this one, whose body was wrapped in those bright colors, managed to pulverize the dog with a kick and then ran at full speed against Rybakov, who had remained petrified by how the girl had managed to find again the energies to fight. Harumi punched Rybakov in the face and turned the man over by knocking him out.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento