giovedì 3 ottobre 2019

Chapter 46 : Dead end (part 1)


Tetsuya Murakawa had hidden behind the wall of a house, he had severe pain in his leg but he had no idea what it was. He looked down and saw that his right trousers were stained with blood at the knee; there was a deep and red cut.
« Damn! » He muttered in a low voice.
Tetsuya took off his jacket and tore off a sleeve he used to bandage the wound. He poked his head over the wall to see if Clovis had followed him: he saw no one and decided to limp to the other side of the road, stumbled over the sidewalk and fell to the ground.
« Fuck! Fuck! »
He struggled to his feet and retrieved his glasses, but when he saw that the lens had cracked, he threw them to the ground, breaking them completely. "How the hell did I end up in this situation?" He thought to himself: "I feel like I'm being haunted by bad luck. No. No, it's not bad luck ... it's something different. I have already experienced this pain in the past. "
« Exactly, you've already experienced it. » A heavy male voice that Tetsuya knew very well.
The man looked up and was startled to see the former best friend. He stammered:
« Ka-Kazuya? »
« I see you remember me, do you also remember the harm you did to me? »
« You… you shouldn't be here ... you're dead! »
« Yes, you killed me. I know. You killed your best friend. »
Tetsuya struggled to his feet and listened to Kazuya's accusations:
« You killed me just so you could be free of your commitments, just to feel free from the chains that you yourself had agreed to wear. As a hypocrite you turned your back on me and betrayed the cause of T6. »
« You're wrong! » Screamed Tetsuya.
« No, I'm not mistaken. »
« It was you who threw me out! »
« Because you were a brutal murderer, you went far beyond the limits set by the contracts you stipulated and you know that too, Tetsuya. We tried to eliminate you as a result but you didn't accept to take your responsibilities and you rebelled. »
« What are you talking about?! »
« When you agreed to enter the T6 you agreed to become a murderer and take responsibility for that choice. Your assassin commitment didn't end when we threw you out of the T6. You should have accepted your death, your punishment. »
« Go to hell! » Tetsuya tried to hit Kazuya with a fist but he passed through him and ended up hitting the wall.
« You said it yourself: I'm dead. »
« Who are you? »
« Maybe I'm just a ghost or a hallucination ... maybe you are familiar with this situation, it's also for me, you know? Where was it that you killed me? »
« Tokyo ... at a construction site ... at night ... you had me cornered and … »
« Right, right! Now I remember! I shoot at your knee to stop you from escaping and you limped away from me to find the way out but you ended up in a blind alley. I remember … »
Kazuya made the gun symbol with his hand and pointed it at Tetsuya's head, he continued:
« I was about to kill you… one shot and I would have finished you, I would have punished you, I would have given you peace but I hesitated, I didn't have the strength to kill my best friend and you attacked me. I took pity on you and you killed me. »
« Don't be a victim with me! You tried to kill me and I reacted accordingly! »
« Ah! You are not sure either. Was it just self-defense or did you let your wild instincts drag you? Look at you, Tetsuya, look how you are put. You are still hunted like a 
rabbit. »
« It's just bad luck. »
« Bad luck? No. It is destiny, Tetsuya. You should have died and instead you are here, alive, that torments everyone with your incessant need to face someone strong, but we both know what you are looking for: someone who can kill you. Looking for someone to end your useless existence, that's why you're here. »
« Stop it, shut up! » Screamed Tetsuya.
Kazuya disappeared. Tetsuya slowly walked away, cursing in a low voice, but at that moment he saw a magic bullet coming towards him that just missed his head. Clovis was on the other side of the street.
Tetsuya was not afraid to die and after a nod he said:
« You made yourself wait, asshole. »
« You talk too much, did they ever tell you? »
Clovis fired a magic bullet and Tetsuya dodged it then, with incredible speed, reached Clovis and hit him with a punch that made him crash into a stationary car. Tetsuya, thinking back to Kazuya's words, became nervous and took Clovis by the hair, lifted him from the ground and threw him against the wall of a nearby house.
"I don't care." He thought, "I don't care if I die today against this asshole or not. I won't let myself be killed like a damn coward! "
« Lancer, at the behest of my Command Seal, I order you to do the maximum! We will not lose this battle! »
Tetsuya used his second Seal to upgrade his Servant. In his eyes had lit a violent fire, the stubborn flame that wanted to survive at all costs.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento