martedì 8 ottobre 2019

Chapter 48 : Dead End (part 3)


Lancer, during the clash with her copy, felt that there was something strange about her: she was losing her strength and then realized that her Master was in danger. Without a moment's hesitation she left the battle in a rush and when Caster thought of attacking her he was stopped by Clovis who said, smiling:
« Forget it, Caster. We have already won. Her Master will never get away with the wounds I inflicted him. Let's leave. »
« So we won. »
« Exactly, We have won. »

Lancer reached her Master who was leaning against a wall, the man was about to die. When Lancer saw his wound, baffled, she exclaimed:
« Master! Master! For the Gods ... how could this happen ?! »
« Forget ... it ... Lancer ... you shouldn't worry about these things. I failed ... you will never win the Grail ... and it's only my fault … »
« Master … » 
Lancer took off her helmet and threw it on the ground and then tore off Tetsuya's dress but when she saw the state of the wound she realized that he couldn't be saved anymore.
« Forget it… it's too late for me now … »
Lancer sat down next to Tetsuya, resigned, and sighed. The man, noticing that the girl was not angry, asked her, intrigued:
« Why are you so calm? Don't tell me ... that you have forgiven me? »
« Does it surprise you? »
« Yes, a little … »
« I can't help you anymore, Master, it would be useless to get angry, we might as well enjoy these last moments that were granted to us, right? »
« Yeah ... maybe you're right … »
The two remained silent with eyes full of regret and sadness. Their battle had ended prematurely and they could not accept it. Tetsuya turned to his Servant and said:
« I remembered… a man I killed, he was a friend of mine. He wanted to kill me but then he thought it over ... yet I killed him with these hands ... maybe this is a punishment. »
« Do you really believe that? »
« I don't know … maybe … »
« Talk about punishment, huh? Maybe I'm the one who was punished, after all the only reason that brought me here is revenge and the Gods always punish the vindictive acts. Maybe that's why I had to face myself ... and maybe that's why I couldn't even beat a trivial copy of myself. I'm not ready to make a wish, I'm just a vengeful spirit. »
« Ah! » Tetsuya coughed from the effort and Lancer worried about him.
« Are you all right, Master? »
« Of course ... I was just thinking ... that our destiny is unfair ... if you are a vengeful spirit I am an empty spirit ... I should have died years ago and instead I am here … »
« Perhaps neither was destined to win the Holy Grail War. »
« Yeah ... but … »
« But? »
« I don't want to die like a dog ... I'm a man and I still have a bit of dignity. »
« Master ... forget it, we can't do anything to win … »
« I don't want to win, Cleta, I want the Amazon who served Penthesilea to teach a good lesson to that asshole Clovis ... I want to leave him a souvenir … »
« What are you talking about? »
« If I go to hell ... he will come with me. »
Tetsuya raised his right hand and lifted a middle finger in the direction of Clovis Wolff and ordered using the last Seal of Command: 
« Cleta, Nurse of Penthesilea, I order you to kill Clovis Wolff! This is my last order, make me proud of you, Amazon. »
The Seal of Command disappeared and Lancer rose from the ground, before leaving she commented with a smile:
« I am proud to have a Master like you. »

Clovis was heading towards his car, opened the door but at that moment he saw Lancer coming. The man was shocked to see that the Servant was still alive. Caster appeared who prepared to fight but Lancer ignored him completely, jumped and prepared her Noble Phantasm: the spear lit up and around Clovis appeared five astral spears made of light. Lancer yelled:
« Katadíki Tou Krótona! (Condemnation of Crotone) »
Caster immediately threw himself and pushed Clovis to the ground. Lancer threw the spear. The attack took Clovis's Servant in full. After an explosion of light that destroyed the parking lot, Lancer fell to the ground and disappeared, whispering:
« I'm coming home, my queen. »
Clovis had been stunned by the attack and took off dust and small pieces of asphalt and as soon as he got up he saw his Servant disappear. 
« No ... No ... NO! Stop! Do not leave! Do not leave! Stop! » Clovis screamed, agitated and frightened. He rushed to try to save the Servant and used a Command Seal:
« I order you to stay alive! I order you! Caster! I order you to stay alive to help me win the Holy Grail War! »
« I'm sorry ... Master ... we can't fight the Lord's will … »
« No shit! No! NO! I need you, Nostradamus! I need you now! Only with you I can save my daughter! I need you to win the war! Come back to me, fuck! »
« Goodbye … Clovis … I'm sorry … »
Caster disappeared. Clovis was speechless. He was completely shocked. He had lost his Servant. He planned to win the Holy Grail War to save his daughter from tuberculosis, everything was ready and it was his last chance to save his little daughter. He had bet everything on the Holy Grail War and had just lost.
« No … »
Clovis fell to the ground with a lost look and tears in his eyes.
« My baby … »
His body began to tremble and he collapsed, starting to beat the asphalt with his fists.
« My poor child! My poor child! Why, God? Why did you abandon me right now? I could have won! I could have won! I could have saved my little girl! God, why? Why did you do this to me ?! God ... I don't accept it! I do not accept it! I do not accept your judgment! FUCK THIS WAR! »
Clovis got up from the ground and screamed loudly:
« If I don't win ... nobody will win! »
Clovis had lost Caster, the only person who could help him win the Holy Grail War and the only one who could have saved his daughter. But while Clovis lost his head and let himself be carried away by the burning fury of a desperate father, Tetsuya let himself be embraced by cold death with a satisfied smile and a carefree look, he knew that Lancer was dead and now it was finally his turn.
« There is no dead end ... there is always a way out. »
These were the last words of Murakawa Tetsuya.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento