giovedì 3 ottobre 2019

Chapter 47 : Dead end (part 2)


Lancer was in the midst of the battle against Caster's ink creatures when she suddenly felt her strength increase and was suddenly able to get rid of twenty enemies in seconds.
Lancer's speed had impressed Caster, who for a moment got caught up in a rush of fear but then planned to surround the warrior with some forty ink creatures. Lancer fell into a sudden ambush and was attacked by forty armed men but she was able to face them all: she fought the blows, counterattacked, dodged and killed. Lancer seemed to be in no trouble at all and this was frightening Caster who suddenly found himself with no servants left.
Lancer was still standing, without injuries and was not tired at all. With an amused smile, the girl exclaimed:
« It's easy to understand that you are not a warrior! You have the eyes of a desperate man, Caster! You don't know how to fight and you make yourself protected by these soulless servants. You are really pathetic! »
« Be quiet, wild beast! I won't let myself be defeated by someone like you! »
« Do you really think your tricks can stop me? I am an Amazon and there are no brave warriors like the Amazons! »
Lancer prepared to hit Caster but the latter did not accept to be insulted by his rival and decided to use his Noble Phantasm.
The pages of Caster's tome broke away and began to float around Lancer and the man began to say:
« I am the Man of the Prophecies, my predictions speak of the world, they describe the future that can be of life or death. Bow before the power of Nostradamus! La Dernière Prophétie (The Prophecy to be Realized)! »
The pages aggregated and created a being identical to Lancer. The girl was shocked and Caster told her boldly:
« Your fate has been revealed to me! You will never succeed in winning the Holy Grail because your greatest enemy is within you! You are destined to fight yourself forever, Cleta! »
« Go to hell! »
Lancer hit her copy of paper but it immediately parried the blow and counterattacked at such a speed that Lancer had difficulty dodging the attack. The two began to duel under Caster's watchful and proud gaze:
« For years I have been denigrated and treated like a madman because of my prophecies. But this time it's different! This time my prophecy has come true and nobody will laugh at me anymore! »
Lancer was unable to stand up to her copy, for some reason, and had to adopt a defensive tactic to avoid being killed, then realized that the only way to end the Noble Phantasm was to eliminate Caster, aka Nostradamus. Lancer was about to prepare her most deadly attack but was abruptly interrupted by her copy of paper that pierced her right leg with the spear; Lancer tore the weapon from her leg and distanced herself from her rival. There seemed to be no way out. The battle was proving more complicated than expected.
« You can do nothing against my Noble Phantasm, Lancer. You are just an Amazon, a savage incapable of understanding the extent of the power that has been given to me by my faith in God. A pagan like you is incapable of opposing my belief. »
« Tch! Don't think you won just because your doll managed to hurt me with a lucky blow. The battle has yet to go on, Caster! »
« Why don't you just give up? Don't you understand my Noble Phantasm? It has taken the shape of your fate, of your greatest enemy that will prevent you from realizing your future. You are enemy of yourself, don't you understand? Why do you continue to persist, Cleta? »
« Be quiet, Caster! You have no right to tell me what I should or what I should not do! This is my life, my existence ... my chance to have my REVENGE! »
« Stupid woman. » Caster muttered, annoyed.

Meanwhile Clovis Wolff and Murakawa Tetsuya were fighting. Magical bullets were fired and wounded Tetsuya, who despite his injuries had no intention of stopping and continued to fight, gritting his teeth.
« You are persistent. » Noticed Clovis.
Tetsuya tried to kick the opponent with a kick but Clovis was quick enough to dodge the blow and counterattacked by shooting a magic bullet that wounded Tetsuya's stomach. The man fell to the ground leaving a heart-rending scream of pain, Clovis kicked him in the face and said:
« Sie sind Müll. »
« I won't let myself be defeated… for so little … »
« You're seriously injured, Dummkopf, don't you understand? You can't fight
anymore. »
« You're wrong … »
Tetsuya tried to get up but the wound was too deep and he lost too much blood to be able to stand up, so he fell to the ground again. Clovis looked at him with disgust and told him:
« You shouldn't have assumed you were better than me. »
« I'll see you in hell … »
« You will rot alone, heaven belongs to me. » Clovis turned and left.
« Coward ... don't you have the balls to finish me? »
« You don't deserve such a privilege, you're just rubbish. »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento