mercoledì 9 ottobre 2019

Chapter 52 : Will and destiny (part 1)


The water slid over Harumi's body, the girl was caught and almost asleep because of the hot water vapor in the shower. By now it was ten minutes that she was in the bathroom, Archer thought as he prepared for the next battle. His Master was a skilled girl, with an incredible willpower and a fighting spirit like that of a knight but unfortunately after the last battle she was convinced of being a total failure, of being unable to fight against the other Masters.
Archer was determined to make Harumi change her mind but he didn't know how to convince her, after all the same girl was stopping to trust his words.
Harumi came out of the bathroom in a bathrobe and saw that Archer was waiting for her. She asked, puzzled:
« Something wrong, Archer? »
« I would like to talk to you about something, princess. »
« Of what? »
« Can you sit for a moment? »
« Okay. »
The girl sat on the first available chair and covered herself well with the dress so as not to make her legs too visible. Archer stood in front of her and said:
« I understand you. I know how you feel, princess, I understand it perfectly, I wish you knew. »
« Ok, then? »
« I know you are losing faith in my words, you believe that you are a failure and that you are incapacitated but it's not true. You are the strongest person I have ever known. »
« You're raving, we both know I suck as a Master. There are people more valid than me in this war, it's no use fooling around. »
« Princess, listen to me, please. »
« Okay, I'm listening. »
« You know my identity, right? »
« Certainly. »
« I am Thomas de Camoys, the noble commander who fought in the battle of Agincourt. But it's not my battles that I want to talk to you about but the women I've met. As you know I got married twice. The first woman I married was named Elizabeth Louches and she was a mean woman, overbearing, vain and too self-centered. She always talked about herself and was devoid of empathy for me. She said she loved me but I knew it wasn't true, I knew it because her gaze was that of a manipulator. »
« So ...? »
« I'm not done yet. » Scolded Archer.
« Okay, sorry. Go ahead. »
« My second wife was Elizabeth Mortimer, a widow. Her husband had been killed on the battlefield and when we were married I thought she was the typical fragile princess with no character, but I was wrong. One day I asked her about her previous husband and she didn't cry but she revealed that she would like to be on the battlefield to murder the men who had killed him. She said it with so much conviction that even I had goose bumps. She had a fire in her eyes, the same as a knight and she took my breath away. You are like her. »
Harumi snorted in disbelief, and looked away from Archer's sincere eyes, it was as if she refused to be encouraged but he didn't stop. Archer took Harumi's hands, stroked them and kissed them gently, then muttered:
« You are exactly like her. You are kind but strong, you have the spirit of a lioness and no one can stop you. That's why you're my princess. »
« Why do you say these things? » Harumi began to cry and shook hands with his Servant, as if not letting him escape.
« Because it's the truth. »
« What if it wasn't? What if I'm weak? What if you're wrong about everything? I don't want to disappoint you, Archer. I'm afraid of disappointing you, I'm afraid of making you an unhappy person I'm afraid I'm just a burden to you. Look at me, I didn't even get a victory. How can you cheer for someone like me? How can you be on the side of a loser? »
« You're not a loser! Look into my eyes and listen to me, Harumi! You are not a loser. Losing is normal, it is part of life, we are all wrong and we all fall, but it's how we react to those defeats that establish who we are! You are not a loser! »
« But … »
« And don't dare to say even as a joke that you will disappoint me because it's impossible. I have a great respect for you, there is nothing in the world that can change this. »
Harumi felt a rush of heat run through his body, his eyes got even more wet and his heart started beating frantically. Archer's eyes were eyes overflowing with love, a love that Harumi had been looking for a long time. The girl hugged Archer and he cuddled her. 
« Let it out, Princess, you need it. »
« I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't want to hurt you, I never realized how much you really cared about me! »
« It's okay, princess, it's all right. »
That night Archer put Harumi to bed, kissed her on the forehead, and bowed to her, promising he would win the Holy Grail War.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento