mercoledì 24 luglio 2019

Chapter 19 : The war begins


Regent's Park.

Alessandro Serpi was leaning against a column of a pavilion that overlooked the park's lake. He waited, with his arms crossed and anxiety in his heart, for the arrival of his enemies. The idea of fighting in the park was Saber's, who was excited to fight his first enemy; even the strategy bore Saber's signature: the plan was to attract the attention of the Masters in order to start the battle.
Alessandro, obviously, was against this idea but Saber was immovable and so the poor boy found himself at two in the morning in a park to await the arrival of the other Masters.
Saber was warming up with several slashes, the girl was visibly anxious to fight; 
Alexander told her:
« Nobody is coming, Saber. »
« Are you tired? »
« No,but … »
« Then we can wait a little longer. I'm sure everyone will come! »
« Let's hope not … »
« You don't have to worry, Master, I can easily deal with every Servant without any problem! I could even defeat two hundred Servants completely alone! » She exclaimed, in a haughty tone.
« Saber, have you noticed that you are enjoying yourself a little too much? Maybe you should be careful what you talk about, you could look bad at the time of the battle. »
« Do you doubt my abilities? »
« A little bit … »
At that moment Murakawa Tetsuya arrived. The man saw Saber sheathe the weapon. The girl, smiling, exclaimed:
« So my first enemy has arrived! Where is your Servant? »
« Soon she will be here, don't worry. But where is your Master, little girl? »
« Here. » Alessandro replied.
Tetsuya saw a young boy with a black robe emerge from the pavilion. He was the Master of Saber: Alessandro Serpi. When Tetsuya saw him he sighed, unnerved, and exclaimed:
« Another brat? Really? Holy shit, this must be a fucking joke. This Holy Grail War is turning into a diaper battle for children. How disgusting! I had heard that the Saber class was the most prestigious, with the best Servants, it's embarrassing to see that there is a brat having a similar Servant. »
At that moment Lancer arrived. Tetsuya, seeing his Servant, exclaimed with a sadistic smile:
« Good, now that my Servant has come let the dances begin. I'll crush your little dickhead, you brat! » Tetsuya launched himself at Alessandro. The boy didn't move an inch. He snapped his fingers and said:
« Dis. »
An invisible force overturned Tetsuya and dropped it on the green ground. The shocked man did not know how to explain such an event. He got up and grumbled, annoyed:
« You've had luck, brat. »
Tetsuya launched himself again against Alessandro hoping to attack him with a punch in the face but Alessandro snapped his fingers again and repeated the same word:
« Dis. »
The man was overturned again. When he stood up again, he shouted:
« What the fuck is that stuff ?! What kind of magic is that ?! Are you doing the tough guy with me, asshole? I'll smash that dickhead like nothing! »
« Okay, fine. » Alessandro said.
« Of course that's fine, asshole! » 
Tetsuya took a tree and uprooted it from the ground and then, with a superhuman strength, threw it against Alexander. The boy snapped his fingers and said:
« Defendere. »
The tree collided with a sort of invisible shield that appeared before Alessandro Serpi. The tree fell to the ground making a big thud, the boy was uncut. 
Tetsuya was shocked, he could not believe his rival was so strong. Alessandro cast a cold glance at the man and said:
« Is that all? Did you really think that a magus capable only of strengthening his physical abilities was able to face a magus of the Covenn? Are you kidding me? I didn't train to be defeated by garbage. »
« How ... dare you ?! How the fuck dare you ?! Son of a bitch! » Screamed Tetsuya. 
« So far you haven't been able to hit me once, what are you hoping to get screaming like crazy? Wouldn't you be better off silencing and studying a way to hurt me? »
« Fuck you. Lancer! Attack that Saber! »
Lancer immediately obeyed and launched herself at Saber. 

The two warriors exchanged several shots but then Lancer kicked Saber's belly, and the latter flew to the ground. Lancer, with a proud tone, exclaimed:
« You remind me Rider: you are stupid in the same way. »
Saber stood up and, after cleaning her cloak, showed a victorious grin. Lancer did not understand her rival's reaction and asked her, confused:
« Why do you have that smile? Do you find it fun to be knocked out by your rival? »
« No, I laugh because fate played a bad trick on you, Amazon. »
« What are you talking about, Saber? » Lancer was getting nervous.
« First, let me tell you an anecdote about me. When I was still alive, one day, a senator laughed at me and thought of humiliating me just because I loved things that for my people were considered for women, this senator had the courage to insult me in front of the Senate, but I proudly stated that there was nothing wrong with being considered women. I told them that there was nothing wrong with being considered women because one of my favorite peoples, the Amazon, was made up of brave warrior women who were as good as a thousand men. In your opinion, 
what is the moral of the story? »
Lancer didn't know what to answer. She was confused by Saber's words, but the latter said with a triumphant smile:
« You really don't get it, Penthesilea's Nurse? »
Lancer then realized that Saber had guessed her true identity. Enraged she decided to attack her immediately but Saber parried several shots and, after avoiding a seventh shot of Lancer, counterattacked with a slash that made Lancer's helmet splash into the air. 
Saber, with a proud grimace, exclaimed:
« Destiny is against you, Amazon. I know your real name. Surrender and let yourself be killed, otherwise you will die like a worm! »
« Who do you think you are ?! You can't face me! I will kill you, Saber! »
Lancer turned to Tetsuya and asked:
« Master, am I allowed to use my Noble Phantasm? »
« Do it, Lancer. Let's finish this battle. Let's show these fools how to fight. »
« Very good! »
Lancer got into position. Her spear began to shine. The woman threw her spear upwards and then jumped and screamed:
« Congratulations on discovering my true identity, Saber, but now the game ends here! 
You are dead! »
Around Saber sprang five astral spears, made of light, and Lancer screamed at that moment:
« My name is Cleta, bastard! Die! Katadíki Tou Krótona
(My Condemnation of Crotone) » 
Lancer hurled her spear which, together with the other five, hit Saber generating a giant explosion of light that made the ground tremble. 
Tetsuya was sure his Servant had managed to kill Saber. The smoke dissipated completely. 
Saber had disappeared and with her Alessandro Serpi.
Tetsuya immediately realized that probably neither was dead.
Lancer was hit from behind by a kick by Saber while Tetsuya was overturned by a push generated by Alessandro.
Lancer was shocked to see that Saber had not even been injured and, infuriated, screamed:
« How the hell did you survive? »
« Did you really think that to defeat a Heroic Spirit of my caliber was enough a single Noble Phantasm launched by a third-rate Lancer? Do not make me laugh! I'm beyond your abilities, Cleta! Haven't you figured it out yet? This battle will be your last. »
« To hell with it! I won't let you defeat me, Saber! »
Lancer took a running start and threw herself at her rival and, holding the spear, prepared to stab Saber. Suddenly an arrow was shot but Lancer was fast enough to parry it in mid-air.
Archer joined with Fukano Harumi. 
Saber turned and saw Archer coming down from a tree with Harumi on his shoulders; the girl went to the ground. Archer, with a respectful bow, introduced himself to Saber:
« I am Archer and the princess with me is my Master, Harumi. I guess you're Saber, am I right? »
« Exactly! I'm glad to see an Englishman in this war! »
« How did you guess I'm English? » Archer asked, worried.
« Your armor, your way of behaving and even that mustache… I know a lot of things, Archer. I know all about England, France, Germany and Egypt! » Exclaimed Saber with pride.
« That armor… are you Roman? » Asked Archer, intrigued.
« Exactly! But who do you think I could be? »
« It would be interesting to find out. Let's see what we can do about it. »

While the three Servants began to fight among themselves, Harumi headed towards Tetsuya, who was stunned. The girl approached him and immediately noticed that he was still breathing, so she decided to prepare a spell to give him the coup de grace but at that moment she saw a boy wearing a robe approaching her: Alessandro Serpi.
Harumi, seeing Alessandro, prepared to face him and he stopped ten paces from her. Alessandro's gaze was as cold as ice and she could sense that the boy emanated much magical power. Alessando told Harumi:
« I put that stubborn son of a bitch to sleep, so it's just you and me in this fight. » 
« I had guessed it by myself. »
« Good. Want to make the first move or wait for an official invitation? »
Harumi created a magic circle in front of her, on which a tiger was drawn, threw herself into it and then, clenching her fist, threw herself towards Alessandro. The boy snapped his fingers and said:
« Dis. »
The girl was pushed back and thrown against a tree. Harumi, panting from the pain, tried to get up and, with a trembling voice, asked:
« What did you do? »
« I threw you back. It is a kind of force push made to ward off threats. At the Coven this is the first Magecraft we learn. Use little mana and it is very useful. »
« Coven...? Did the Catholic Church send you? »
« Yes and no. None of your business. »
« What do you want to do with the Holy Grail? »
« It's none of your business. » Repeated Alessandro.
« Your powers are abnormal ... do you really use mana? »
« Haven't you figured it out yet? » 
Harumi knew the world of magic and spells perfectly. He knew that a magus to cast a spell used Magic Circuits, this was the way to be able to use magic energy. But Alessandro Serpi had no Magic Circuits visible in his body. He used a completely different method to cast spells.
The amount of mana in Alessandro's body suggested that he was a sort of ancient magician, a very powerful expert magician, yet he was just a young boy. Had the Coven found another way to cast spells? Was this really possible?
Harumi asked his rival: 
« Why don't you have Magic Circuits? All the magi of this war use Magic Circuits to be able to cast spells, that's what we use to make Magecraft. You don't have Magic Circuits and yet you can make Magecrafts. How? »
Alessandro remained motionless for a moment, with a shocked look, without words. Then, a little at a time, a small grin appeared, which turned into an amused smile and finally exploded with laughter. The boy laughed and laughed as if he had been told a joke. Harumi was confused: what was so funny about her question?
Alessandro calmed down and, wiping his tears, replied:
« Forgive me, really… forgive me, but I never imagined such a question from a magus. Holy Mary, what a sweet irony. Tell me, according to you I wouldn't be a magus? »
« Are you? »
« See it for yourself. »
Alessandro raised the sleeve of his robe and showed the Magic Circuits that stretched along the arm. Harumi, shocked, had no idea that his opponent had so many Magic Circuits, but she probably feared it because of the enormous amount of mana he gave off. 
Alessandro Serpi lowered his sleeve and Harumi, still puzzled, asked him the fateful question: 
« How many Magic Circuits do you have? »
« 255 Magic Circuits. »
Harumi, shocked, asked, stammering:
« Does this mean that you belong to a magus family? »
« Details that don't concern you. » He replied going towards the girl.
Alessandro approached Harumi and, looking at her from the top down, exclaimed:
« Now I hope you understand that you can't win this battle. A small magus like you will never be able to face me. »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento