venerdì 19 luglio 2019

Chapter 13 : Friends and enemies (part 1)


« Does it hurt you? » Harumi asked as she bandaged Hiro's arm.
« A little. » He replied.
« Why don't you want to go to the hospital? »
« Don't worry, it's just a small wound. Indeed, if I had not lifted the sleeve of my shirt I would not have even realized I had a cut. I have no idea how I did it. »
« Many things have happened. » She added.
« Yes, it's true. »
Harumi and Hiro were in Regent's Park and were in front of a pond. A little farther on there were Rider and Archer, distant from each other, who didn't even look into each other's eyes. Hiro, noticing their unusual attitude, asked Harumi:
« Our Servants fought together and yet behave as if they were enemies. Is it normal for you? » 
« They have been allies, it's true, but this because they had an enemy in common. But remember that they also have a common goal that will put them against each other. This is true both for them and for us. You can't blame them if they behave that way, they'll face each other one day. »
« Right, you're right. »
Hiro was embarrassed because he realized he had asked a stupid question. It was obvious that Harumi was not really a friend. The two had fought together, it's true, but they were still enemies. 
Hiro thought back to the battle against Murakawa Tetsuya and remembering the ineffectiveness of his magical powers he was convinced that perhaps he should not have taken part in the war. 
Harumi immediately noticed Hiro's thoughtful look and asked him curiously:
« What are you thinking? »
« I am weak. » He murmured, tormented.
« I didn't understand, can you repeat? »
« I'm really weak. I am a very weak magus. » Hiro stated.
« Why? »
« Before taking part in the Holy Grail War I was the most feared boy in my school. I used my Magecraft to get what I wanted, I loved being feared and respected by my peers. I thought I was a powerful magus. A magus worthy of being part of the Sunahara family. But in the battle against Tetsuya I discovered that it was all a lie. It wasn't me who was strong, it was the others who were weak. I, in my weakness, pretended to be the best by attacking those who were weaker than me. »
« Why did you take part in the war? » 
« I don't even know it now. » Hiro answered lying down on the ground.
« Don't you know? » Asked Harumi, perplexed.
« Initially I wanted to participate only to show myself and my family that I was the strongest, but now that it has been made clear to me that I am the weaker it is useless to go on. Don't you think so too? »
Harumi didn't know how to answer that question. On one hand she wanted to win the war at all costs, but on the other she found it dishonest to manipulate Hiro's fears. She saw in his eyes, staring at the stars, an immense sadness. Harumi felt the melancholy of an abandoned boy in Hiro's words. She had seen that look before. 
Harumi instinctively stood over Hiro. The boy, shocked and embarrassed, exclaimed excitedly:
« What are you doing ?! »
« Shhhh! » She shut him up.
The girl approached him. Harumi's cold forehead and Hiro's warm, sweaty forehead touched. She looked him straight in the eye and whispered:
« Don't give up hope, Hiro. Now you are weak but one day you will become strong, I am sure. You just have to trust your skills. » 
« Okay ... yes ... you're right. » He stammered.
« Good. »
Harumi stood up, leaving Hiro lying on the ground, confused. The girl turned to Archer and said:
« Archer, come on. We're done here. »
« As you wish, princess. » Archer answered with a bow.
Archer picked up Harumi and jumped over the pond.

Rider approached Hiro, who was still lying on the ground with a lost look. The Servant looked down at his pants and commented:
« I can see it. »
« What? » He asked.
« That. » She answered pointing. 
Hiro immediately got up and turned away, shyly, to hide the fact that he had an erection. Rider asked his Master:
« What did you talk about? »
« Nothing special. We talked about different things. »
« You're too naive, Master. You trust people too easily. That's no good. It's not good, 
you understand? »
« I … »
« You must be aware of this, Master. You must be aware of this serious defect. If you don't understand it you can't improve it. You don't have to be friendly with the other Masters, it's wrong from every point of view, especially in this war. » 
« I know, Rider, I don't need to be scolded! » He exclaimed.
« I was humiliated by Lancer. Never in my life have I been pushed around like that. This humiliation torments me, Master, makes me feel like a weak Servant. »
« You are not weak … » Hiro said with a comforting tone. 
« I know. You are the weak one. You are weakening me, Master. »
The coldness with which Rider spoke those words shocked Hiro. Rider continued:
« I can accept that your mana level is low, I can accept that you lack a strategic mind and that you are not a real expert magician. I can accept that you are not physically up to keep up with our enemies. But I can't tolerate your naivety. If you go on this road defeat will be certain. »
«I … »
« Don't talk. I don't need your words, I want facts. Show to me that you are a worthy Master otherwise withdrawn from this war and stop fighting. I prefer to abandon rather than be humiliated as in the last battle. »
At that moment Rider perceived a strong magical presence in London. Her shocked gaze, directed towards nowhere, was like that of a frightened girl. Initially Hiro did not understand the reaction of his Servant but then felt a rush of shivers running down his body. 
A feeling of dizziness struck his head. His hands began to sweat and his legs trembled. Hiro, despite being a weak magus , was still able to perceive the magic energy of other magi. The boy realized he had perceived a truly powerful Master, much more powerful than Murakawa Tetsuya. Who could it be? What kind of Master could have so much magical power within him?
Rider, on the other hand, perceived a very powerful Servant. She had never experienced that feeling of terror. She was aware of the fact that the perceived Servant was above average. He certainly had to be a deified hero or something like that.

Well what they had perceived was the presence of Alessandro Serpi and Saber, who had just arrived in London.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento