giovedì 11 luglio 2019

Chapter 3 : The anti-hero


« Seven Servants will be summoned to fight a war for the sole purpose of obtaining a cup that carries desires. A machine that expresses every desire without any limit. Isn't it fantastic? I could have everything I ever wanted: women, money, a new dog, and maybe even the power to make anyone get angry. »
The boy who said these words was a high schooler with short brown hair and black eyes. He wore the typical black school uniform, which was flawlessly buttoned. The boy was on the roof of the school, at night, and was leaning against the iron net. Looking at the stars with carefree eyes he whistled a little song but was suddenly interrupted by two students, his peers, who came to him scared. One of them exclaimed, sweating:
« Hiro, they found us! We have to leave! »
The other added:
« Exactly! The cops have arrived! Come on let's go! »
« You two are annoying. »
The boy, Hiro Sunahara, stood in front of his companions and, with a malicious grin, he opened his hand and threw a powerful shockwave that made them fly down the stairs.
« I've decided: I'll leave Japan. I'm bored standing here with losers like you. I have great aspirations and certainly I will not make them true by being here to fuck with you. »
Hiro generated another shock wave with which he split the iron net and, thanks to a spell, he was able to increase his strength and then descend without problems from the roof.
He was not noticed by the policemen and he left the school quietly as if nothing had happened.

That same night, in the streets of Kyoto, Hiro was contacted on the cell phone by a certain Yukiko Kumahira. He answered the call with an annoyed voice:
« What do you want? »
The female voice on the other side looked like that of a teenager and answered, laughing: 
« I saw what you did to those poor boys. You're really bad, Hiro. »
« Are you spying on me? »
« Do I look like someone who spies on people? »
Hiro didn't answer her, assuming the answer was obvious. He remembered perfectly when, two weeks earlier, he was contacted by Yukiko on his cell phone. That girl of which he knew nothing, then, had managed to get his phone number and also knew that he practiced Magecraft. It was her, in fact, who informed him of the Holy Grail and the war that was to break out.
« Are you there? » Asked Yukiko, worried about Hiro's prolonged silence.
« Yes, I was just thinking of one thing. »
« Can I know what it is? » 
« Why did you choose me? Why did you call me? I don't know you, I have no idea who you are, yet you have decided that I am the perfect candidate for this war. Why? What are you hiding from me? »
« You're a strong magus, I know it. I work for an organization that knows all about magi in Japan and keeps an eye on them, especially since the wars with Fuyuki. We believe that you, Sunahara Hiro, are the perfect magus to win the Holy Grail War. »
« That's all? » Hiro asked incredulously.
« Yes, there is nothing else. Do you have any problems with this? »
« Several problems. »
« Well, it's none of my business. What interests me is your decision. Will you participate in the war or not? »
« Yes, I will participate in your stupid war. » He replied, irritated.
« Perfect. I knew you were a smart guy. I'll send someone to get you. You made a very smart choice, Hiro. Your time to bloom has finally arrived. »

Hiro stopped in front of Nijō Castle. Waiting for them to come and pick him up he began to think about his life before that moment.
He had never been a boy like everyone else. He always had serious socialization problems and was constantly teased because of his difficulties in reading and speaking, but despite this he was part of a family of magi, the Sunaharas. His father was a great friend of powerful magi and his older sister, Hisae, was able to move objects with her mind and was considered a prodigy by the family.
But Hiro had never had those same attentions. Maybe he wanted to participate in the Holy Grail War just to prove his worth or maybe he just wanted to vent his aggression in some way.
He saw men in black coming. One of them said:
« You are Sunahara Hiro, right? »
« Yes, it's me. »
« You must come with us. »
« Okay. Make way for me. »
The two men in black led Hiro into a black car and took him away. In the vehicle, Hiro met this girl with pink hair, long and straight and who had bright green eyes. This girl wore a completely white Gothic gown. She introduced herself holding out her hand:
« Kumahira Yukiko. » 
« You are the one of the phone! » Exclaimed Hiro, astonished.
« Exactly. I'm here to give you this relic personally. »
The girl threw an object wrapped in a ruined green cloth on the boy's knees.
« Check it out. » She said.
« Okay. »
Hiro opened the cloth and saw a ruined fan inside. He closed the cloth and asked the girl:
« What should I do then? »
« You will use that to summon a Servant, my dear Hiro. » She replied, smiling.
« A Servant. » He murmured thoughtfully.
« Something worries you? Are you afraid of fighting this war? »
« Yes, I'm afraid. But I'm not going to back down. I made my choice and this is enough for me to move forward. »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento