giovedì 9 gennaio 2020

Chapter 93 : The ghost of Russia


January 2, 2021

Moscow. Sergei Rybakov was in the library reading a book by Vladímir Majakovskij, it was Formidable Laughter. He was so immersed in reading that he didn't even notice the presence of another man who sat down next to him.
« Sergei. »
Sergei looked up and saw this man in his forties with a thick beard and little hair on his head. This man with the crow's nose was dressed very elegantly and passed him a ruined wooden cross. Sergei seeing the object said:
« What's this thing? »
« The relic. »
« Impossible. »
« No, this is it, believe me. Vasily told me it's this. »
« Where did he get it? »
« A Polish magus, Lesław Szymczyk, provided it to him. »
« You mean the one who founded the Warsaw Academy of Magecraft? »
« Yes him. »
« Did Guryev give you this and nothing else? »
« Exactly. He only gave me this relic. »
Sergei took a look at that old cross a little bigger than a hand, it was certainly ancient but Sergei feared it was a fake and asked:
« How can I trust Guryev? That's a man with no honor. »
« Trust me, that's the relic. With that you will summon a Servant. »
« Sorry, you're right Igor, I don't want to offend you. After all, we both belonged to the Order of the Blessed. »
« Yerzov and Rybakov, together we were invincible, but then you left. »

« I had to do it. »
« I don't blame you, but I'm sorry. »
Sergei closed the book and put it back on the shelf. Intrigued, Igor asked him:
« Do you only like Mayakovsky? »
« No. I also like Ogarëv and Parnok. »
« Parnok? »
« Don't you know Sofija Parnok? You are truly an ignorant in poetry. »
« I don't have your same obsession. »
Sergei and Igor came out of the library, it was snowing outside, walking on the streets of Moscow, Sergei, clutching the relic that would have allowed him to officially enter the Holy Grail War of Yggdrasil. Igor was visibly worried about his friend, he knew that his intent was to fight the war but he didn't know the reason and so he asked him:
« Why do you want to fight? »
« I don't think you would understand, Igor. »
« You can't know if you don't tell me. Tell me. »
« I've been having nightmares for two months now. »
« What kind of nightmares? »
« I see the end of the world, I see myself fighting against a girl who hates me and who, although seeming weak, manages to beat me in a clash and I see a lot of suffering. »
« Therefore? »
« I have seen a cup full of blood, I have seen death and I'm afraid that those images will become reality. I have to fight this war, it's my destiny. »
« Sergei ... »
« I know, it sounds crazy, but believe me: it isn't. »
« Sergei, I will always be on your side, you are like a brother to me, but be careful. The Holy Grail War is not a game, you could die. » 
« Maybe ... or maybe not. The only way to find out is to fight it. »

Sergei Rybakov by Bikowolf
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento