lunedì 6 gennaio 2020

Chapter 91 : Start a war (part 3)


A luxurious hotel room, certainly something that only the Coven could afford. Alessandro Serpi was tired from traveling by plane and only wanted to sleep. He put his bags aside without even opening them and lay down on the double bed. Saber appeared:
« Do you want to sleep a little Master? »
« Is that a problem for you? I think I have already given too much for today. »
« The sun has just risen. »
« But we have just arrived. Is it possible that you don't have a conception of tiredness? »
« I'm a Servant. I depend solely on your magical energy and you have a lot of it. You are a very strong magus, you know? »
« I belong to a family that has been practicing Magecraft for many generations. »
« So you're some kind of aristocrat? »
« It's more or less like that among magi, yes. It's all about biology. »
Saber snorted and said:
« Why don't you just call yourself "magicians"? It's all simpler like this. »
« Because a magus is not like a magician. A magician can do real miracles, they do what we call magic, and they overcome the limits established by thaumaturgy. »
Saber then asked curiously:
« Your family is made up of magi, did you say? »
« The Serpis are a very ancient family, in Italy there are at least twenty families of magi, and there are just as many in France, Germany and in every other country in Europe. »
« But are you the strongest magus of the Coven? »
« No. The Grand Master Giovanni Monteverdi X is much stronger than me. » Alessandro yawned.
Saber, noticing that he was struggling to keep his eyes open, let him sleep peacefully.


That afternoon Alessandro got out of bed and realized that Saber was in front of him with a completely different suit: she had black tights, Mary Jane shoes, a dark blue miniskirt and a pink sweatshirt, with a hood. The girl had taken off her laurel wreath and the weapon was also gone.
Confused, he asked her:
« What are you doing? »
« While you were in bed I took the time to visit Londinium. Barbarians have really modernized! »
« What?! You went out and you didn't tell me anything?! What if they attacked you?! »
« Impossible. Here in Londinium they are all so kind. Even though they told me it's called Lon-don. Strange name. Londinium sounds much better, don't you think too? »
« Saber ... you had to tell me! You had to wake me up! »
« Relax, relax, I have something for you: here. »
Saber gave Alessandro a miniature of a blue phone box and then he asked:
« What is this stuff? »
« I don't know. They told me it's from a doctor but I didn't understand his name. Do you like it? I find it cute. »
« Saber, listen to me, you can't do that. Promise me you won't do it again. »
« Can I promise that I will do it only a few times? »
« Saber! »
« Okay, okay, there is no need to be so paranoid. And then I'm glad you have enough magical energy to keep me in this form. You really have to be some sort of Super 

Magus. »
« If you like to believe it ... »
Alessandro went into the living room, opened a suitcase and took out a glass container full of salt, then spread a map of London on the floor and spread the salt on it. Saber, curious, asked him:
« What are you doing, Master? »
« I want to know how many other Masters are present in London. »

Saber stroked Alessandro's head and the latter, unnerved, exclaimed:
« I'm not a dog, you know? »
« But you have been very good. You're acting like a strategist, I like it. »
« I'm just doing the most logical thing. »
Saber smiled, proud of his Master's initiative but the latter was not happy to be treated like a child. He got up from the floor and said, snapping his fingers:
« Revelare. »
The salt formed several heaps in parts of the map and Alessandro, noting the position and the number of heaps, commented:
« There are only four. Five more are missing. They will probably be in London shortly. »
« Master, can you locate magic energy with that magic? »
« Yup. »
« Can you also try to locate the Holy Grail? »
« I can try. »
He snapped his fingers again and said:
« Signum Videre. »
The salt began to spin randomly on the map of London without ever stopping.
« I can't locate it. » Alessandro said, disappointed.
« I was wondering one thing: isn't it risky to fight a war in a city full of civilians? »
« Obviously. However, it's possible that battles will take place in isolated places where no one can poke their noses. »
« I hope you're right, I can't stand hurting those who don't know how to defend themselves. »


Alessandro Serpi and Saber by Bikowolf
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento