domenica 26 gennaio 2020

Chapter 97 : Calm before the storm


Saber and Alessandro were walking together on the streets of London. The girl wore ordinary clothes thankfully but Alessandro was still afraid of being attacked by a Servant among the people, he certainly didn't want to end up in the newspapers and so he decided to take Saber to a pub so as not to be seen too much around.
« Londinium will certainly offer delicacies! » Saber exclaimed, exploring the menu with her eyes.
« You certainly won't find Roman food. »
«
De gustibus non disputandum est! You can't argue about personal tastes! If in Londinium they love non-Roman food then we will eat non-Roman food and satiate our stomachs! »
« Okay, calm down, everyone is watching us. » Alessandro said, embarrassed.
« What's the problem? I like to be looked at. I was born to be the center of attention. »
« Saber ... »
« Ah! And then I must tell you that the time I ate with Valerio Leone, I satisfied my appetite with truly unique dishes! Have you ever heard of butter asparagus? They are very good! You should try them! »
Saber was enthusiastic but Alessandro was unable to follow her:
« Sorry, who's Valerio Leone, again? »
« A rich man from Mediolanum if I remember correctly. He had a really fantastic domus and even though my soldiers hated his food I eventually convinced them to eat and they liked it in the end, you know, sometimes the legionnaires tend to be grumpy but then in the end it's enough to talk to them and everything is resolved . »
The enthusiasm that Saber put into her words was contagious, it was impossible not to listen to her, but Alessandro was not surprised at this, after all he found himself in front of Caesar: a person without comparison in history that had completely transformed Rome.
He was served and the girl didn't hold back and began to devour whole courses in a short time, she was like a hungry beast, which was rather strange, in fact it didn't seem to Alessandro that the Servants needed to eat, she probably did it simply because accustomed to Roman culture.

« Saber, do you think we will win this war? »
« I can't lose, Master, so we'll win. » She replied, smiling.
« I'm serious. I don't want to speak with "Caesar the swagger" I want to speak with "Caesar the military strategist". Do you think we can win? »
Saber read the concern in Alessandro's gaze and then decided to reply in a mature way:
« Master, do you know what a war is? »
« A battle. »
« No. The battle is a part of the war but every war is divided into three parts: the cause, the battle and the effect. If you want to win a war you must be able to answer all three fundamental questions: why fight? How to fight? What to do after the fight? Set a goal and follow it until the end. »
« I want to be honest with you ... I was forced to take part in this war. I have no desire. »
« However, you are here. You may cancel the contract but you have not done so. »
« The Coven would kill me. »
« Then why do you want to win the war? »
« Because I want to live. »
« And why do you want to live? »
« Because I want a happy life, without problems and without anxiety ... »
Then Alessandro realized that he had answered one of the three questions that Saber had asked, the girl gave a knowing smile and then she said:
« Now you know why you're fighting this war, now it's about knowing how to win it, that's the most complicated part but that's why I'm here. »
« Thanks, Saber. »

« Don't thank me, enjoy the meal, come on. »
After eating, the two of them left the pub and returned to the hotel room. Alessandro was exhausted, he threw himself on the bed and there Saber lay next to him who asked him:
« Did you eat well, Master? »
« Yup. »
Alessandro was already reflecting on how to win the Holy Grail War of Yggdrasil and then Saber, noticing his puzzled gaze, asked:
« What are you thinking about, Master? »
« We're going to war tonight, Saber. We have to win, this is the only way to end this war. We must win at any cost. »
« I like this spirit! That's how you do it, Master! » She exulted.
« With you by my side I am sure I will win. »
That night Alessandro and Saber headed into an abandoned building waiting for a challenger and it was then that they saw Friedrich Wolff arrive together with Specter. As soon as Alessandro saw his rival's Servant he immediately recognized the demon and worried, the demons were very dangerous creatures and shouldn't be underestimated.
Friedrich saw Saber and then shifted his attention to Alessandro Serpi and said to him:
« Hallo. You must be my opponent. I'm Friedrich. Friedrich Wolff. »
« Alessandro Serpi. Do you belong to the Rote Mäntel? »
« No, but you belong to the Coven. I recognized you right away. »
« I hope you are ready to fight, Friedrich. Because I will win this war. »
« We'll see that, priest. »


Specter, Saber, Alessandro and Friedrich by Bikowolf
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento