domenica 22 marzo 2020

Chapter 108 : Alessandro Serpi


March 18, 2017

Alessandro Serpi had turned sixteen two days earlier. It was Saturday and the boy stayed quietly in his room reading a fantasy book. From the room he could hear his mother crying because she had just lost her job. Alessandro knew that with just ten thousand euros in the bank they couldn't go very far and with his unemployed mother it would probably be up to him to work to maintain the house and the family. He had been volunteering at the library for almost two years, surely they would have hired him at least for a part-time job.
« I can't go on like this anymore! I can not! I can't fucking do this! »
He heard his mother cry out. She screamed and moaned, some words were not understood but those were clear as water. Alessandro had never heard his mother in that state. Those words frightened him.


March 22, 2017


It was a Wednesday like any other when Alessandro returned home from school. He greeted his mother and saw men dressed like priests. The mother was sitting on the slightly creased armchair and said:
« Here he is, that is Marco's son. »
A priest approached Alessandro looked him in the eyes then turned to the one behind him, a little older and in a red robe:
« What do you think, Davide? For me it's perfect. »
« In fact if he's really the son of Marco Serpi he can be useful to us. »
Alessandro, intimidated, turned to his mother:
« Mom, what's going on? Who are these guys? »
« Alessandro ... I don't know how to tell you ... »
Davide Ponti interrupted the woman:
« You will enter the Coven. We will take care of you. I'm Davide Ponti and I will be your mentor. »
« NO! Don't touch me! I will not go anywhere! Mom, please tell them I can't! »

« Alessandro, I can't. » She said.
« Why? Tell them it can't be done! Help me! Mom … »
« It's I who called them here. I want them to take you away to the Coven. It's I who have chosen. »
« Mom? Why? Why are you doing this to me? Did I do something wrong? »
Alessandro could not hold back his tears, his eyes were burning and his vision blurred a little at a time, he could barely stand up.
« I'm tired of having you around. I want to live my life. You've always been a burden for me, your father wanted you but he abandoned me with you, we cannot go on like this, after all you have always known it too, haven't you? »
Those words hurt more than any weapon. Those words stopped the boy's heart, falling and crying, he begged to be kept at home
« Mom! Mom! Please don't abandon me! I will be a good son, I promise! Please! »
She turned her back on him.
« No. »
The two men grabbed the boy and he released himself:
« NO! I'm not going anywhere! I'm not going anywhere! Mom, help! Help me … »
Davide Ponti snapped his fingers and said:
« Somnum. »
The boy fell asleep. The men took him away.


March 23, 2017


Alessandro Serpi woke up on a bed thinking that he had only had a nightmare but as soon as he rubbed his eyes and saw the stone walls and the completely different bedroom, a panic attack came. He got out of bed at once and headed for the wooden door. He wanted to run away. He wanted to go home at any cost.
« It will not open. I blocked it with a spell. »

Alessandro saw a man sitting on a nearby chair. He hadn't noticed before. This man in white had closed his Bible and placed it on the table.
« I'm the Grand Master Giovanni Monteverdi X. I apologize for blocking the door but I wanted to talk to you in peace, I don't want to chase you throughout the church. »
« Let me out. I want to go back home. You can't keep me prisoner, someone will save me. »
« I won't let you out and it wouldn't make sense for you to go home because your mother doesn't want you, your mother was also the same one who agreed to hand you over to the Coven. So you're not a prisoner ... you are, for all intents and purposes, a member of the Coven. I advise you to accept your fate. »
« Fuck you. I'd rather live like a vagabond than stay here! »
« I don't think you could do it. You're weak and inexperienced, you would be like a lamb in a pack of wolves. But you're also proud and that's why I don't see you sleeping on a bench or on the asphalt like a dog. Are you the type of man who wants to eat stale bread or leftovers? Are you the type of man who lives like an outcast praying that someone will protect him from injustice? Or are you a man who fights? One who doesn't give up, one who does everything in his power to be the best. We can give you the means to be an excellent magus, the Coven will protect you and make you a lion. Give up on your family, they've given up on you. I'm giving you a chance Alessandro Serpi: the possibility of realizing your destiny. »
Giovanni got up and held out his hand:
« Do you agree to join the Coven? »


Alessandro Serpi by Bikowolf
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento