domenica 15 marzo 2020

Chapter 107 : Rebirth from death


« I'm alive. »
In front of a hole that had been dug with her hands, there was a girl staring at the coffin from which she had just emerged. Wet from the rain, she opened her mouth to savor the water, the taste of life was insipid for her. She looked at her grave on which the name "Fukano Harumi" was written. The memories of a girl raped by her uncle and tormented by shame. But she was not Harumi. She was something else. Her hair was brown but there was a white forelock, her eyes were red as blood and her skin was pale. It was no longer Harumi Fukano. She was something else.
« I want to get rid of what torments this fragile body of flesh. »
In long black clothes, the girl walked without paying attention to passers-by who looked at her with worried eyes. The city was unknown to her but soon she would learn, it was enough to peek into Harumi's memories.
She found the answer and tracked down her uncle's house; looking into the fog that was Harumi's memory, she discovered that this man was more like a beast than a man, only for a thousandth of a second did she suffer the torments of that girl on her body and then they disappeared, washed away by the rain.. She reached the house, opened the gate and headed for the entrance door.
« I feel your fear inside me, but I will soon eradicate it. It will be enough for me to eliminate this man who still has a vivid memory of you. »
With her hand she broke through the door of the house. A man in his fifties, frightened, got up and when he saw his granddaughter enter he was terrified.
« Harumi? How did you ... you died! »
« We all died the moment we were born, every part of us dies slowly, it's part of the cycle of things. I'm alive. I'm dead. These are only words for you, but for me they're the very essence of my being. Life and death coexist in me like heaven and earth in this world. »
« How the fuck do you talk? Fuck you! I'm calling the police! »
« I'm alive. But I'm not here by chance, am I? I'm here for the Holy Grail of Yggdrasil. Nidhoggr has fallen into its time loop again and now I've to solve everything. 

But first … »
The girl moved her index finger slightly upwards, under the man's feet a black magic circle appeared that paralyzed him.

« Running away from me is useless. I'm something from which nobody can escape. »
She approached the man who begged for mercy, stroked his face and suddenly his skin began to blacken like coal, bright cracks formed, the man couldn't even scream anymore. He transformed into a statue, she blew and he turned to ash.
« I'm not alive but I'm not dead either. Funny my fate, don't you find it too, Yggdrasil? »
She was talking alone. She took the ash and ran it between her hands, it was like a little girl playing with the sand of the sea;
she dropped it from her hands and started to spread it on the ground and watched the strange irregular, circular patterns formed with the continuous movement of the ash. The ash took the form of two solid dice which she threw: a four and a three came. She smiled and murmured:
« Our ballad begins, Yggdrasil. »
The girl stood up, her clothes burned and her naked body was covered in a black robe, a long red cloak and a wreath of crimson laurels appeared on her head.
« You know who I am. I'm neither Life nor Death, I'm Life-in-Death but you called me Devourer and I will fight with this label of yours but only until I meet my destiny. Until then have fun, Holy Grail of Yggdrasil, have fun and watch me as I destroy those weak Heroic Spirits. »


Sheol by Bikowolf
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento