mercoledì 11 marzo 2020

Whaaat?! Coronavirus?


As you know I'm Italian (that's why I write very badly in English 😉) and my country is facing a black period because of the coronavirus: schools, universities, shops, stadiums, even cities are closed.
Luckily I didn't get sick and luckily I live practically isolated surrounded only by mountains and woods, but I feel very sorry for my country and I can't understand why there is all this alarmism.
I'm not saying that the coronavirus is harmless (because it isn't, especially for people with lung problems) but it shouldn't be treated like Ebola or leprosy.
Here in Italy panic is spreading and yet, reading the news, I discover that there are more healed than dead; our doctors are doing their best to fight this disease and even our politicians are trying to contain the epidemic.

But I cannot say that I've not been disappointed in how Europe has treated my country. France and Germany, which complained so much and who wanted to encourage us to have a "more European feeling", treated us as plagued and, to make matters worse, now consider us a country to take as an example, now they compliment us, to us and to our healthcare system. The best I can say is that they are hypocrites and I was disappointed, that's all.

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento