martedì 4 agosto 2020

Chapter 148 : The heretic (part 1)


Alessandro Serpi was preparing the bags, since he was excommunicated he could no longer afford the apartment in which he was staying and had to leave and in addition he didn't want to be tracked down by the Coven, the problem was that he didn't know where to go.
« Why don't we go to Friedrich and Specter's house? » Saber asked while she was lying on the sofa.
« I would like but I haven't heard from them for a while now. I don't know where they ended up and I'm worried about them, but we've to leave right away, do you understand? I will try to contact them later. »
« Couldn't you use that trick of yours to trace magical energy? »
« What ? »Alessandro then thought about it a little: « Shit, I hadn't thought of that. Forgive me is that ... I have too many things on my mind. »
« You don't have to justify yourself with me, Master. I understand your problem. »
« Thanks. »
Alessandro prepared the map and materials to locate Friedrich and Specter, meanwhile asked to Saber:
« Do you remember what you told me after the battle against Rider? It's true? Are there no heroes in Rome? »
« Do you think I was lying? »
« Were you lying? »
« Why do you ask me that? After all that's going on in Londinium, asking yourself these questions is the silliest thing to do. »
« I know ... that's why I ask you.
» Alessandro said.
« I'm not following you. »
« Who am I fighting with? With a hero or a winner? »
« As I said before ... in Rome there are no heroes but only winners and conquerors, however I've always yearned for heroism. I'd like to be a hero in this situation. »
« Thanks, Saber, I'm glad to hear you say that. I'd really like to have your strength ... »
The boy tried to hold back his tears but the thought of being alone was stirring his soul and was unable to remain calm.
« I'm sorry you see me in this state ... it's just that ... a part of me would like not to lose you but I know that once the war is over you will disappear. So who will I have next? Who will want to be with me? »
« There's Friedrich. »
« What if he died? What if he doesn't see me as a friend? Human relationships are too complicated for me, they all seem so selfish and evil. » Alessandro was trembling like a leaf.
Saber, moved, approached him, hugged him and consoled him:
«You will not be alone, Master, I promise you that I will be near you ...»
« But you can't … »
Saber cuddled him but couldn't calm him down, her Master was completely immersed in despair and she didn't know how to help him. At that moment the apartment phone rang, Alessandro answered and heard Friedrich:
« We have a problem, Alessandro. »
« What kind of problem? » He asked wiping his tears, relieved to be able to hear his friend's voice.
« They want to kill us. A little while ago I was attacked by hit men, I read their orders ... apparently the organizations want to kill all the Masters to end the Holy Grail War. »
« What happened to those hired killers? Did you kill them? »
« Yes, but you must be careful. For now the best strategy is to abandon London, we cannot stay here too long. See you at Piccadilly Circus, take what you need and reach me. »
« All right. »
Alessandro turned to Saber :
« We must go. »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento