lunedì 10 agosto 2020

Chapter 149 : The heretic (part 2)

 

Alessandro Serpi left the hotel and avoided being seen by the soldiers who were sifting the place, he didn't want to raise particular suspicions, Saber had become invisible before departure so as not to make her Master consume too much magical energy.
The boy had a map with him since he didn't remember where Piccadilly Circus was; in the distance you could hear the sounds of sirens and even gunfire, it seemed that there was a war, the road was invaded by cars blocked in long trains and there were armed soldiers everywhere in the city.
Alessandro was now very close. He heard a very strong explosion behind him. He turned around. Several cars had exploded, from the flames he saw Yukiko Kumahira come out with Berserker. The soldiers began firing without hesitation but Berserker stopped the bullets using her arms then killed those soldiers using the flames of her fists.
Alessandro had no intention of endangering innocent people and escaped making his way through the civilians who were exiting, terrified, from their cars. Saber said to Alessandro:
« We have to fight, Master! »
« Forget it! Not here! I'd rather run away than be the accomplice of yet another massacre! »
« Listen to me, Master: you cannot escape forever! Look around! »
Alessandro noticed that there were some Heretic Hunters sent by the Coven who had seen him, now he had two problems but in any case he did not stop.
«I can't, Saber… I can't fight and you won't fight, I hope I've been clear. »
At that moment Elisa Mancini made her appearance and, with her weapon already unsheathed, tried to kill Alessandro but the latter threw one of his suitcases at her and then snapped his fingers, exclaiming:
« Dis! »
The girl was pushed against a wall. Alessandro kept running but this time his way was blocked by other hit men.
« Dis! » Alessandro pushed the various men away and resumed running. Elisa returned to the attack and tried again to injure Alessandro but the latter threw himself to the ground to avoid the blow, attempted to get up quickly but the girl was already too close. A wall of fire divided the two. It had been Berserker's doing. Elisa turned to Yukiko who with a sadistic grin asserted:
« That boy is mine, not yours. He's my sacrificial victim, nun of the Coven. »
« Go to hell, sinner! »
Elisa tried to hit Yukiko but the latter quickly counterattacked with a kick that broke her rival's sword; Yukiko then attacked again and wounded Elisa's head and knocked her unconscious.
« Kiss the ground and leave me alone with Alessandro, now we've to take care of adult things.
» Then she turned to Alessandro: « Right, big brother? »
Alessandro had a moment of disbelief.
« What did you call me? »
« I hate repeating myself, you know? But I will tell you again: you're my brother, Alessandro. We're both children of the same father. »
« Bullshit! Stay away from me! » He exclaimed, furious.
« Don't you believe me, big brother? You're really mean to me, your dear and sweet little sister. »
« Enough of this nonsense! I don't know you ... wait a minute ... »
Then Alessandro remembered having already seen the face of that girl, he had no doubts, he had already seen that demonic smile and that dress with long sleeves.
« You're… the girl of my nightmares. »
« I'm much more, brother ... I'm the cause of your nightmares. »
« Youìre… Yukiko… Kumahira? »
« Indeed, daughter, like you, of Marco Serpi, the magus who left the Coven. »
« No… you're lying… you want to confuse me with your lies.
» Alessandro said, stepping back in fear. 

« I'm not here to convince you, Alessandro, I'm here to get you. I need you… I need your blood, otherwise I'll never get what I want! »
Saber appeared exclaiming:
« Now stop! I've heard enough! Let's fight and get it over with once and for all! »
Berserker screamed like a wild beast at the sight of Saber and without hesitation hit her with a punch. Saber parried the blow with the sword but it wasn't enough, Berserker continued to strike and the girl had to parry or dodge several times until she chose to distance herself.
« Pendragon… » Saber murmured, then added: « My Crocea Mors is attracted to you, it recognizes you as its rightful mistress… isn't that funny? Arthur Pendragon, King of the Knights, I can finally face you ... I can kill you. »
Alessandro, however, was against Saber's decision:
« We can't, Saber, we have to get out of here. »
« Master! You can't just run away from problems like it's nothing! »
Then Alessandro noticed the presence of blue, transparent skeletons that roamed the streets like zombies, when Yukiko noticed them too, smiled satisfied and commented:
« She's coming. »
Saber, persuaded by Alessandro, decided to fall back, she took him in her arms and carried him away but Yukiko didn't follow them, she was enchanted by that dismal spectacle, the wandering skeletons whispering, crying, praying before the corpses of the innocent, her eyes were like those of a spectator in front of a play, she seemed to be on the point of applauding; Alessandro, on the contrary, was scared as a child and wanted to get away as much as possible from that place, however a question was haunting his mind at that moment: where was Sheol? 

Alessandro Serpi by Bikowolf
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento