giovedì 9 aprile 2020

Chapter 112 : Behind the scenes


In Rome, in the Vatican City, inside the Coven Abbey, the Grand Master Giovanni Monteverdi X was speaking with Davide Ponti, an Elder, who was expressing his strong doubts about Alessandro Serpi and his stability. The two men were in the central chapel of the church.
« I tell you, Grand Master, that boy could become a problem in the future. »
« Why are you suddenly having trouble with my choice? It seemed to me that Marco Lombardo had made you change your mind. »
« I never agreed with your choice. Alessandro is unstable. »
« I don't think so, my friend. In fact, I think you're really exaggerating. »
« His unsocial way of acting has always worried me, Grand Master. He is too silent, too talented and ... too individualistic. He will betray us, I'm sure. »
« Yours are very serious accusations, Ponti. » Giovanni noticed with a mocking smile.
« I know what I'm talking about. His father betrayed us precisely because years of solitude had turned him into a faithless madman. Alessandro is not so different. For now he behaves like a faithful dog but one day he will do just like his father. »
« Yet it seems to me that he is doing well so far. Our agents in London have told me that he's still alive and that he's therefore fighting ... »
David gave him some sheets of paper in his hand.
« What is this stuff? »
« The latest report. Apparently there is the possibility that Alessandro is collaborating with another Master, a German named Friedrich Wolff. Maybe he's cheating on us for the Rote Mäntel. »
Giovanni's worried and annoyed gaze made David intimidated and he kept himself at the right distance so as not to suffer the anger of the Grand Master. Giovanni tore the sheets in half and threw them on the ground leaving Davide Ponti shocked.
« Grand Master, why did you do it? »

Giovanni didn't reply, he proceeded towards the beautiful statue of the chapel, with his hands behind his back he stared at it for a while leaving Davide on the thorns and then he answered, sighing:
« I believe there is a symbolic meaning behind the presence of the Command Seals on the Masters chest. It's a sign that every contract has at stake the soul, it's a contract of non-political faith. If faith is betrayed, one becomes a disciple of the Devil and this must be prevented. If a brother of mine risks getting lost in the forest of Evil it is my duty to save and purify him, and it's also a duty of anyone who belongs to the Coven and anyone who faithfully serves the Pope. Those who lose faith must be purified. »
Giovanni Monteverdi X turned to Davide and concluded:
« If Alessandro will betray our faith then we're going take him out. Someone else will have to take Saber and fight the Holy Grail War of Yggdrasil. Elisa Mancini seems to me a good candidate. »
« As you wish, Grand Master. We will continue to spy on Alessandro and we will keep you informed. »
« Good. »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento