domenica 29 settembre 2019

Chapter 43 : Conspiracies (part 4)


Alessandro Serpi woke up on his bed and noticed that on his right there was no Saber, initially he worried about hurting her feelings, the day before, to the point of having forced her to flee but then he saw her come out of the bathroom out of the corner of his eye.
Saber entered the room wearing only a towel and pointed to her Master:
« You should stand up, it's not good to laze in excess. »
« You're right. » Alessandro got up and asked Saber: « Have you seen Elisa? »
« She's sleeping on the couch. I don't know when she came in, maybe we were both in bed. »
« Thank you, now I'm going to talk to her. »
« Okay. »
Saber was strangely quiet and Alessandro began to feel guilty for the way he had treated her the night before. He felt like a dog and he didn't want to make her feel bad and so, before leaving the room, he turned to Saber and apologized:
« I'm sorry for how I behaved. I did not want to hurt you. »
She was slightly surprised by those excuses and reacted instinctively by saying:
« Be calm, Master, you don't need … »
« You have to understand me, though, I don't want to fool you. I'd rather be honest with you than hurt you by lying to you. I will do everything in my power to fulfill your desire and to make you stay with your loved one, this is my only wish at the moment and that is why I refused to cooperate with Yukiko. I care about you, I just want you to know it. »
« Master … »
Saber was speechless, completely lost by what Alessandro told her. She could not believe that a boy like him, who seemed cold and detached until a few hours ago, was capable of having such a big heart.
Alessandro was about to leave the room but she followed him, passed him and stood in front of him. She closed the bedroom door. Alessandro was slightly confused by that reaction and asked the Servant: 
« Did I say something wrong? »
« No ... it's the opposite, stupid. » The girl was crying.
« Saber? What happen? »
« You're bad, Master, you're very bad with me. You continue to contradict yourself: sometimes you are cold as ice and at other times you are hot as fire. You confuse me and I don't know whether to love or hate you, it's all so difficult for me, Master. I don't know what I should do, answer me: what should I do? Should I kiss you or should I just raise a smile? »
« Saber, calm down … »
« Don't tell me to calm down! » She screamed: « Emotions cannot be silenced on command! They are what give me the strength to go on and nurture my ambition! Every victory and every defeat of mine is crowned with the most beautiful and the ugliest of emotions and this is what makes life worth living! I want an answer, Master! I want an answer, Alessandro ... do you love me? »
« Why do you want me to do this? Do you really want me to hurt you? »
« Be sincere! » Screamed Saber, desperate.
Alessandro bit his lower lip as if to hold back the words and walked away, raised his right hand and said:
« If you don't move, I'll use one of these. »He referred to the Command Seals.
« Are you really so afraid of being really sincere that you want to force me to move? »
« I've already been honest with you. »
« You're wrong, you've been vague. You simply said what I wanted to hear, but that's not what I want to hear. You care about me, okay, but that's not what I want to hear. I want to know if you love me. Tell me. »
« Saber … »
« Don't you want to delude me? Be honest with me then! »
« Why do you act like a masochist? »
Alessandro was on the point of resigning himself, lowered his hand and raised a desperate look. 
« Because this is life. It's not just joy and tranquility. You, who seek peace, are still too immature to understand that in life you must also suffer if you want to move forward. You must fall, you must hurt yourself, you must lose, you must fail, you must suffer ... otherwise it makes no sense to live. »Saber answered, in tears.
« YOU'RE WRONG! » Alessandro screamed, furious: « I'm tired of this shit about how important it is to suffer! I spent my life suffering and repenting and I am still haunted by my ghosts. I only ask for the possibility of having a life without anyone to control me, to lie to me and hurt me. I ask for tranquility not because I am immature but because I am TIRED of suffering! You do not know anything about me! Stop pretending to know me! »
At that moment Elisa knocked on the door and asked, worried:
« Is everything okay? »
« Yes, everything is fine. Now I'm going out, we need to talk. » Alessandro replied.
Saber walked away from the door, keeping a low and embarrassed look, Alessandro left the room and asked Elisa to follow him into the living room.

The two stopped in the room and Elisa, with a confused look, glanced at Alessandro, who folded his arms and asked her:
« Where were you last night? »
« What? » She asked, pretending not to have understood the question.
« Where were you last night? You didn't come home, I was worried about you. »
Alessandro was lying, but Elisa had not understood him and, hearing those words, she blushed but did her best to avoid answering the question:
« Why do you ask me? I don't have to tell you everything I do … »
« You're right, mine is just a curiosity. Do you mind so much answering me? »
« That's not the point, but … »
« But ...? »
« Listen, I just wanted to go for a walk outside, that's all. »
« Ok, I believe you. »
« Really? » Elisa was amazed.
« Yes, you don't have to worry. I trust you. »
Alessandro feigned a smile and headed for the exit, turning his back to the girl. Elisa felt relieved to have finished the conversation and saw Alessandro leave the apartment.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento