giovedì 12 settembre 2019

Chapter 40 : Conspiracies (part 1)


« It didn't have to go like this … »
Fukano Harumi was on the hospital bed. In her room, completely alone, she saw a sun rise accompanied by storm clouds. She had been in the hospital all night, had rested but still felt tired and stunned by the battle against Kumahira Yukiko.
« I've got it all wrong … »
Harumi looked sad, she was about to cry:
« I couldn't kill the Master of Rider and I was defeated, humiliated like a magus beginner. It didn't have to go like this. »
« I'm sorry, princess. » Archer said, appearing in the room.
« You don't have to apologize, Archer, it's not your fault. It is my fault alone ... only mine ... I was hoping to have the victory in hand but instead I was put on the corner, I was defeated, I was humiliated only because of my presumption. I … »
« Princess, you must not blame yourself. You didn't do anything wrong. It was just bad luck. » 
« No ... it's not bad luck ... it's me, I'm incapable. »
« No! No it is not true! » Archer exclaimed in a vain attempt to reason with his Master.
« Archer ... I'm a failure. »
« No, you are not. You simply did something wrong, it happens to everyone. You must not let yourself be destroyed by your mistakes! You must react! »
« How? My best friend is still hospitalized, I'm not able to face the Masters in this war and to make matters worse I suck in planning. I feel like an imbecile. »
« You're not! You're not at all, believe me! »
« You have no idea how bad I fell, Archer. You don't know my sufferings, how can I trust your words? »
« You can't. » An unknown voice answered.
Archer and Harumi turned and saw a man who had just entered the room closing the door behind him. This man had a very elegant suit, a jacket and black trousers. His clothing was decorated with fine golden and silver lines. The man had a face as young as that of thirty but he had the right eye of glass and his face had scars scattered on his nose and cheeks.
The elegant man wore a top hat that he took off his head for education and introduced himself:
« Viktor Augustav Stirgold. »
Harumi immediately noticed that the man's left hand was the only one that was covered by a black glove, the first thing the girl thought was that the man in front of them was a Master. Viktor, realizing the suspicious gaze of the girl, said to her, smiling:
« I do not participate in the Holy Grail War. This hand is just a metal prosthesis. You see? »
Viktor began tapping the wall with the finger of his left hand and a metallic sound started. The girl became convinced and asked Viktor, without words: 
« What do you want? »
« I work for the Mage's Association, Miss Fukano Harumi, and I'm here to talk to you, I don't want anything else. »
« Give me the "you", I'm not an old woman. »
« As you wish … » Viktor said with a slight smile.
« What do you want, then? »
« This war is not like the others, the Mage's Association is realizing it. There is something abnormal, something that is not in the right place. Rarely does a Holy Grail War involve civilians and when such a misfortune occurs there is always talk of a few victims, a war has never been seen to cause thousands of deaths, including those of Ibaraki. A colleague of mine wishes to destroy the Holy Grail, a wise but vain choice. The Holy Grail of this war is not like the others: it comes from the sacrifice of a deity. It is a unique Grail of its kind and cannot be destroyed, of that I am certain. »
« You're not answering my question, though. » Noticed Harumi acutely.
« You noticed, then. »
« I'm not that stupid. »
« Your friend ... is in danger. Everyone in this hospital is in danger. All of London is in danger. The Holy Grail has the potential to destroy us all but we can react, we can prevent the 
end of everything. »
« I barely know you and already you expect me to do something for you? I want to win the Holy Grail War, I don't want to help your group. Leave me alone. > Harumi muttered, nervous.
« I'm not your enemy, I want to help you. »
« Ask someone else. »
« Harumi … »
« ENOUGH! » The girl screamed.
Viktor resigned himself and without insisting further he opened the door and left the room, replacing his hat. He murmured before leaving
« I'm sorry. »

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento