venerdì 27 dicembre 2019

Chapter 88 : Saber


January 25, 2021

Alessandro was in the chapel of the Coven Abbey. He had just drawn the magic circle and placed a Roman sword in the center, everything was ready for the ritual. The relic had been delivered to him by the Grand Master himself. Alessandro had only to pronounce the enchantment formula and the rest would have happened by itself, he would have obtained a Servant to fight the Holy Grail War of Yggdrasil.
He was sitting on a bench and thinking about the letter he had received from his mother.
« Why did she write to me? I thought she was busy making a new life. »
It was four years since she made herself heard, it was four years that Alessandro received nothing from his mother, why did she send him a letter that January 12? It made no sense.
« But why am I thinking about it? Why am I thinking about it right now? Maybe it's a sign? »
He looked at the sword on the floor.
« Maybe I shouldn't be fighting this war. Maybe my fate is to have a normal life again, it doesn't make sense for me to be here, right? »
But then Alessandro thought back to that nefarious day when his mother forced him to join the Coven with the excuse that she wanted to rediscover youthful love, that woman preferred a life of leisure to her son. Alessandro was sixteen without a family: his father and mother had abandoned him to his fate.
« But is this really my destiny? » He asked himself.
A moon beam that passed through the windows illuminated that sword making it shine as if it were a sort of divine object, Alessandro was fascinated by the brightness of that perfect blade, that white reflection seemed to invite him to perform the ritual, to evoke the Servant. He couldn't betray the Coven, it was his only family, he knew he was being manipulated by the Grand Master but he didn't want to be completely alone.
« I must be quick. I will end the war immediately and go home. »

Alessandro approached the magic circle, opened his hand and began to recite the magic formula:
« Deum benedicite mihi, benedicat anima mea, benedicat mihi in gladio, ferrum et sanguine, protegas me, in hoc belli! I invoke the Servant! »
The magic circle gave off a very strong red light and Alessandro was overturned by an incredible shock wave. When he recovered he found himself surrounded by a curtain of black smoke from which came out this girl with white hair and red eyes, with a smooth skin and a face like that of a goddess, she had a laurel wreath and a armor surrounded by an aura of power. She had a beautiful sword with her that her scabbard. This girl smiled and exclaimed:
« Bow down to me! Look at me in all my splendor! I am the First of the Twelve Caesars, Pater Patriae and Divus Iulus. I am a descendant of the gens Iulia, the blood of Aeneas and the Goddess Venus flows in my veins! I am Gaius Julius Caesar and I belong to the noble Saber class! »
« Gaius ... Julius ... Caesar? » Alessandro was speechless. He never expected to summon such a powerful Servant.
« I see you are speechless, I take it as a compliment. Now answer this question. »
Saber stood in front of Alessandro, crossed her arms and with an arrogant but exalted smile, asked:
« Are you my Master? »


Saber by Bikowolf
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento